We fundamentally disrupted the home security industry, pioneering a new way to make home the safest place on earth for everyone. Founded in 2006, we were the first to offer homeowners professional-grade monitored home security with no long-term contracts and at radically fair prices. We now protect over 3 million people and remain committed to our founding goal: to make every home secure.
As a private-equity-backed, hyper-growth IoT leader, SimpliSafe has made building a world class business intelligence capability a Board level priority. We are in the very early stages of building this capability and are looking for a hands-on technical leader to drive this initiative and build the team to get it done. This is a unique opportunity to design and build an integrated solution for a proven market leader.
What will you do?
The Business Intelligence Data Warehouse Architect will lead all technical aspects of our BI platform. You will partner with our head of business intelligence to define, develop and implement the data architecture for our integrated BI solution. This includes technology selection, developing the data architecture design, creating logical data models, and implementing and optimizing the physical data models. You will be responsible for the following;
- Developing and maintaining enterprise data strategies and roadmaps
- Working closely with business users to interpret the data needs of the business and translate those to logical / physical data models and data designs
- Guiding and overseeing data warehouse structures and platform using industry best practices
- Contributing to the establishment of a Data Governance Practice
- Conducting discovery, perform root cause analysis, and make recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues
- Designing and recommending data policies, governance structures, and control frameworks for the ongoing management of data
- Defining data quality metrics
- Leading the business intelligence technical team
You are excited to join SimpliSafe’s collaborative, no-ego approach to getting work done. You have a proven track record of success architecting and implementing technical data management solutions.
- Minimum of 9 years of engineering experience, including 3+ years managing a data warehouse
- Experience with Cloud BI implementation and architecture
- Superior problem-solving skills in conceptual design and business analysis
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated success presenting complex technical concepts to leadership teams
- BS / BA in Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or Engineering
Come work with the fast growing, passionate team at SimpliSafe. We have a fun work environment, competitive compensation, 401k matching, and unlimited vacation. Learn and play with all of our existing and upcoming IoT devices such as cameras, doorbells, locks, integrations and more. Our offices are located downtown, right next to the State Street stop on the Orange and Blue lines, within walking distance from North and South stations.