SimpliSafe is looking for a Procurement Director to develop and lead strategic sourcing and management of spending across all categories. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, this important position will be responsible for setting up and managing the company’s procurement function through all phases of the procurement process including spend analysis, Request for Proposals (RFPs), negotiations, contract management and supplier performance analysis. In this role you will:
- Collaborate effectively with senior management and across departments (manufacturing operations, engineering, warehouse/supply chain logistics, marketing, sales, customer support) to establish holistic, long-term sourcing strategies on a global basis
- Lead implementation and alignment of sourcing strategies across key spending categories to achieve broad business objectives
- Drive vendor strategy development & execution, RFP best practices, negotiation and economic analyses to provide best value or lowest cost for key supplier products and services
- Lead execution of formalized RFP processes across spend categories, including direct negotiations of key terms and conditions of final vendor agreements, and coaching others to do the same
- Implement a process for managing key suppliers, including quarterly business reviews, monitoring and managing supplier relationships, performing root cause analysis and resolution, developing and monitoring supplier improvement plans
- Deliver a range of reports relating to and including savings tracking, project status, savings forecasts and spend profiles to key stakeholders. Ensure metrics and action plan are in place for continuous improvement.
You are a highly analytical, bottom-line oriented individual with well-rounded business skills. You are a self-motivated, proactive team player who always exhibits good judgment. You are very organized and detailed oriented, with strong negotiation skills and commercial contract reviewing/drafting expertise. You are excited about saving the company money and measuring results. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 7-10+ years' professional experience within a procurement function;
- Experience leading RFP processes effectively;
- Outstanding contract negotiation skills and project/program management abilities;
- Experience in procuring goods for/from contract manufacturers highly valued;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to confidently present complex information;
- Good listener; able to integrate objectives of functional leaders into sourcing requirements;
- Capable of providing formalized presentations of project objectives and results to senior executives and other key stakeholders;
- Exceptional planning and strategic thinking skills;
- Accomplished managerial and leadership capabilities;
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing projects effectively in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment;
- Ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization;
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management, and
- Highest level of integrity in all his/her dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior.
SimpliSafe is a leading home security company that is disrupting the alarm industry with its award-winning security solution and pioneering self-install model. SimpliSafe combines thoughtfully-designed technology with industry-leading professional monitoring and verification – all at fair and honest prices with no long-term contracts.
In August 2018, funds affiliated with Hellman & Friedman LLC acquired the company to support SimpliSafe’s expansion plans. SimpliSafe has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, becoming one of the largest and fastest growing home security providers in the U.S., protecting 3 million Americans.
Throughout this expansion, the company has retained its small company ethos -- no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams focused on advancing the company’s mission and making people’s lives better.