Ad Operations Specialist
SimpliSafe is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Ad Operations Specialist to join the marketing team. You need to be extremely organized, love making things perfect, and enjoy working with numbers.
In this role, you will be the owner of our automated marketing reporting system. You will keep track of the performance of a multi-million dollar marketing budget. Your organizational skills and sharp eye will help us optimize our marketing channels and continue our rise as the fastest growing company in the industry.
You will manage everything, from data collection and management to building executive-facing reports and dashboards. Our data analysts will help you with more technical tasks, so you don’t need data analysis experience for this role. But you will oversee it all: making sure all numbers are accurate and all processes are organized.
In this role you will learn how marketing channels are run, measured and optimized, from Facebook to Direct Mail. Note that this is an ad operations and project management role, not an analytics role.
What you'll do:
- Be the project manager of our media reporting systems
- Monitor channel performance on a daily basis to make sure the team is looking at the right issues
- Keep track of advertising spend and work with Finance Team on financial reporting. We have a system, so no manual bookkeeping here!
- Work with marketers and executives to find out reporting needs. From there, build reports and dashboards to help us make better decisions.
- Design processes for marketers to enter data, manage and update databases, and audit final reports
- Troubleshoot technical and data accuracy issues
- Coordinate data analysts and engineers to automate repetitive reports
- BA/BS degree
- Very detail-oriented. You like to make sure spreadsheets are accurate and everything is perfect. You don't mind fixing dirty data and updating databases
- Proficient in Excel and good with numbers
- Analytical and tech-savvy. You are interested in learning SQL (no experience necessary). You are good at identifying and troubleshooting errors.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Low ego and willingness to learn
- You thrive in a fast-paced, close-knit work environment
- Bonus points if you have experience in a detail-oriented role
SimpliSafe is the fastest growing home security company in the country. We’re transforming how people buy, install and experience home security with our user-friendly wireless security system that we sell direct to consumers online.
SimpliSafe was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006, after several friends had their homes burglarized. Chad and Eleanor started designing SimpliSafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that satisfied the needs of renters. From these humble beginnings, SimpliSafe has become a power in the home security industry and was recently acquired by the private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At SimpliSafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If SimpliSafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage - We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans
Unlimited paid time off - To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek
401k Matching and Company Equity - To help you prepare for the future
Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits - To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ
Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings – All work and no play is no way to live!