Simplisafe is looking for a Senior Digital Designer as we scale our Design team. In this role, you will help design our next generation of Simplisafe branded home security UI. This role is a great opportunity to influence and contribute to a new Design/Innovation team.
We are in the midst of an aggressive hiring plan to fill our needs as we prepare for our next steps as a company. The Design team is a primary focus and our Head of Product Design will be building his team from the ground up. As such, you will have an opportunity to make an immediate impact on Simplisafe’s roadmap and you will be in a great position to grow within the department as Simplisafe continues to expand.
Today, we are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever-growing IoT home automation security space, we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, we are expanding our Product Design team to produce the most cutting-edge designs on the market for our future products.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualize and design digital tools for Simplisafe apps and websites
- Combine your creative and technical skills to bring forms of digital media to life
- Help your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers which are in line with the Simplisafe brand
- Develop new, innovative user-flows
- Guide teams on UX consistency across all digital, user-facing developments
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to create compelling UX stories
- Passion for visual design and learning new methods of designing digital experiences
- Openness: Designers need to be flexible and open-minded. You are optimistic, generative, and open to new ideas and ways of working
- Ability to build fast and scrappy to test out new digital ideas
- Have an eye for details
- 3+ years UX/UI experience across a variety of digital media, outside of academic training
- BS / MS in computer science or related design field
- Experience in concept ideation, design strategy, digital prototyping, and combining graphic design and 2D animation
- History of working with designers from different backgrounds and integrating your design ideas with theirs
- Extensive Experience with a variety of digital design and interactive tools including Sketch, Invision, HTML, and AfterEffects.
- Proven track record of designing successful apps and custom websites
- Experience in AR/VR is a plus
If you feel that you are the person we are looking for and want to apply, please provide the following alongside your application.
Please send us a half-pager that describes where you find inspiration for your designs?
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there weren’t any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a ‘no-ego’, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Boston’s ‘Best Places to Work in 2019’ list and in Wealthfront’s ‘2019 Career Launching Companies’ list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company you’d enjoy working for, we’d love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks: