Engineering @ SimpliSafe
At SimpliSafe, we design, develop, manufacture, and sell our own line of wireless, connected home security systems. This includes home sensors, cameras, and locks. Our technology and service platform secures the homes of millions of people across the United States and the U.K
From hardware industrial design and firmware implementation to micro-services and mobile applications, our Engineering efforts are entirely completed in-house from our Boston Headquarters.
Engineering at SimpliSafe is built around small teams within an Agile environment. These teams are proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way up to coding the UI on our mobile applications, and building out our e-Commerce presence on SimpliSafe.com, accounting for 90% of our system sales.
Whether you’re a Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Hardware/Firmware Engineer, Mobile Developer or Software Engineer, if you’re driven by solving complex problems at scale in a collaborative fast paced culture, we’d love to speak with you!
What you'll do:
- Assemble and test hardware prototypes
- Collaborate with the firmware and hardware teams in the test and debug of our next generation system
- Develop unit and system level tests to verify firmware and hardware
- Develop test firmware to simulate customer use cases
- Rework boards as needed
What you have:
- You're enrolled in a full-time undergraduate academic program & are able to work in a full time capacity from January through July, 2021.
- You have experience in embedded systems, specifically bare-metal
- You're able to read and interpret schematics and other hardware documentation
- You have some understanding of 32/16/8 bit microcontrollers (preferably PIC) and sensor peripherals
- You have basic working knowledge of DMMs and oscilloscopes. Logic analyzers are a plus
- you exhibit basic soldering skills and board level rework
- You're proficient in C and Python
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment