SimpliSafe is looking for top-notch, senior engineers to help take us to the next level. We’re in the process of implementing cloud services in a microservices architecture. This work will drive our next generation wireless IoT video monitoring platform. In this role, you and your team will own your solutions from their inception through production support, including design, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and support. You will work with product owners to understand their needs and deliver solutions in a test and learn approach. If you enjoy working in a challenging environment and want the opportunity to build something brand new, we want to talk!
- Extensive professional experience (5+ years) writing web services at scale using one of Nodejs, Python, PHP, Ruby, Java, C#, or C++.
- Working familiarity with at least one other language and a willingness to work in a polyglot development environment.
- Thorough understanding of REST and web technology.
- Experience with cloud technology (AWS preferred) and designing solutions that leverage its unique advantages.
- Collaborative DevOps mindset and a passion for technology and learning. Enjoys mentoring teammates and helping everyone perform better.
- Practitioner of lean or agile software development principles and practices, understanding and advocating the importance of test automation, continuous delivery, continuous improvement, and value delivery.