Simplex is a rapidly growing global start-up company, that enables merchants worldwide to accept diverse payment methods, including credit card deposits and purchases, with zero exposure to charge-back risk. Come join us at our office (right next to the TLV center train station) in defending the world from the most sophisticated fraud attempts.
We are looking for a Data Engineer and DBA to join our R&D team. You will be responsible for building and optimizing our data pipeline, as well as optimizing data flow for cross functional teams.
As a Data Engineer and DBA at Simplex, you will:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Interact with all our data consumers to know their various use cases, understand their challenges and translate it into tasks to execute
- Work with stakeholders including Product, R&D and Data teams to assist with data-related technical issues.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Python, SQL and cloud data technologies.
- Manage RDS PostgreSQL instances (administration, performance tuning, schema design and migrations)
- SQL code reviews for developers
- Manage Neo4J graph db instances
What you should bring to the table:
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: such as Airflow, AWS Glue, Dataflow etc.
- Experience with Python/ Java/ Scala.
- 5+ years RDBMS experience (PostgreSQL/MySQL/Oracle)
- High level of SQL (the querying language)
- Linux command line and shell scripting
- Experience with AWS cloud services: Kinesis, S3, Aurora, Lambda, RDS and others- an advantage.