Your platform for simple access to insurance
„We believe in easy and smart insurance. That's why we constantly invest in our unique platform with transparent and efficient insurance services to connect people and business, anywhere & anytime.“
Who we are...
Since 2012, we are proudly „Made in Berlin“: we are a very international team with 150+ people from over 30+ countries working daily in our central Berlin office and our office in Tokyo. Our internationalism is reflected also in our business since we are active in over 32 countries. We are friendly, fun and like to learn from each other. How are we different? We believe in the potential of every individual, team and our company. InsurTech is just taking off and we’ve been there from the beginning. Don’t you want to be a part of our mission?
Apply now to take your place in our Engineering team – your fellow coders are already waiting for you!
See our application stack here.
About the job...
- simplesurance engineering is an innovative team, building a real-time insurance platform. We are looking for engineers who don't like to be stuck in one role and prefer to be involved with all aspects of the design and development of the platform, focusing on scalability and availability.
- You, together with your team, will take the ownership of the backend that powers several user-facing applications. Further developing our state-of-the-art, gRPC-based, microservice architecture.
- You will actively take part in code reviews, to ensure that our platform and codebase meet the highest quality standards.
- You will have a job with a direct and visible impact in the company.
What we're looking for...
- You have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- You have real-world experience building Go applications with a focus on resilience and uptime.
- You know when to use an interface and when to use a struct.
- You know when to use a channel and when to use a mutex.
- You always run your test with a race detector.
- You always name and structure your packages in a meaningful way.
- You never _ errors.
- You almost never panic.
- You speak business fluent English.
What we offer…
- Great working atmosphere with amazing people
- Our most loved Flexible benefit: free BVG monthly ticket/Parking spot or a subsidy for Internet usage
- Flexible working hours
- With our Simple Working model we provide up to 100% the possibility to work remotely (from Germany)
- 28 vacation days
- A warm-hearted, flexible and solution-oriented environment with an open feedback culture
- A company supported pension plan
- A free product insurance of your choice
- A great Referral program
- Access to our Learning and Development Programme
- Fantastic team events
- Free drinks, fruits and much more
Curious to know more? - Check out what else we offer here.
For your application…
fill in the form below. For any questions contact us under firstname.lastname@example.org - Polina will take care of your application.
Never stop playing!