We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience.
The Infrastructure team builds the platform that the rest of the Engineering organization builds upon, as well as tools that help all of Engineering do better. We’re a small, tight-knit group of distributed engineers (Eastern, Central, & Pacific time zones), who pride ourselves on our ability to effectively collaborate, respond, and adapt.
We have daily standups, support pairing, and focus on delivering the right solutions to the problems we face. We value continuous improvement, quality, consideration, kindness, humor, mentoring, persistence and a healthy dialectic. We use Slack, Github, Jira, Confluence, and Zoom to maintain our virtual office. We manage our workflow and process using the principles of Kanban. We work side by side with security engineers on the same team, and consult frequently with Product Engineering.
You have an operational mindset and a strong foundational background in DevOps and software engineering. Perhaps you have worked as an SRE, or have worked to build and maintain systems to support continuous delivery. You have helped disseminate and strengthen DevOps/Ops/CD practices on the Engineering teams where you have worked. You care about metrics, monitoring, and testing and the business outcomes they enable. You take initiative and value active collaboration with your team & stakeholders. . You weigh tradeoffs and you value simplicity and execution. You document your work and your decisions. You want to be a part of building something effective and meaningful, even if it means carving it out of the old and inelegant.
What You’ll Do All Day
Your work with the Infrastructure team will focus on evolving and operating our platform. You’ll do this by designing, implementing, documenting, and deploying infrastructure and internal tooling. Typical day-to-day challenges include planning and implementing disaster recovery, supporting platform migrations, shepherding change across our engineering organization, architectural review & strategic planning, and supporting security needs. You will play an active role in running these systems, taking calls and participating in incidence response, and helping to continuously improve the way Simple delivers and operates our systems.
The services we operate are primarily on AWS, with plans to move increasingly to Heroku. The legacy systems we support cover a wide gamut: Ruby, Python, Chef, and other technologies.
We’d Like To See:
- 2-5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong software engineering background
- Significant continuous delivery, DevSecOps experience
- AWS architecture and implementation experience
- Experience working with Heroku preferred
- SRE experience preferred
Come As You Are:
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are a California resident, please reference our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Privacy Statement.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.