We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience.
Our mission is to help our customers feel confident with their money, and that starts with our engineers being confident in the software we build. Everything we write is designed for simplicity and maintainability. We take security very seriously.
We're a team who strongly believes in a culture of learning, and we're looking for engineers who share that view, and are as excited about writing code and trying out new technologies as they are about sharing their experiences and mentoring others.
You'll work most closely with your fellow engineers, across multiple domains (backend, frontend, android, etc) along with working closely with product and design to create the next generation of Simple.
You're an experienced engineer who loves to ship high-quality software, and one who does so by supporting the team around you. You've worked collaboratively in team environments where there are multiple features in flight. You’re able to mediate technical discussions, establish consensus on a team and drive adoption of best practices when things aren’t working as well as they should. To you, code review is an opportunity to collaborate, learn, and mentor. In your code, your focus is on quality, safety, stability, and correctness, while making reasonable trade-offs. Testing is a key part of your workflow, and you're always looking for ways to improve our confidence in software that we give to our customers. Most importantly, you're an engineer who is continuously learning and improving your craft.
What You’ll Do All Day:
As an iOS engineer at Simple you'll be on the frontlines, writing the code and helping our product and design teams to create modern, user-friendly, and beautiful banking for our customers. As a senior engineer some of the things you’ll be tackling include:
- Contribute to the selection and adoption of modern best practices, including application architecture, testing philosophy and implementation, and forward-looking design for upcoming business problems and emerging technologies.
- Evaluate our tooling, propose improvements, and work with the team to implement and iterate.
- Work directly with other teams, front and back end, and contribute to the APIs and standards that we develop when moving forward on our new products.
- Reliably deliver high quality software on assigned projects. Provide and meet time and scope estimates, and work with others throughout the company to adjust when needed.
- Effectively manage your own work and help coordinate work by other team members of those around you to support our commitment to product delivery.
- Regularly check in with other mobile engineers about the progress of their work as it relates to your projects.
- Manage trade-offs in scope, risk, and timelines in your own projects, and effectively communicate the decisions to the team and product/project management.
- Help mediate team discussions on standards and architecture in a manner that results in consensus based on what is best for the success of our projects.
- Proactively identify risks in project plans as they develop by watching issues and monitoring other engineers’ progress through our various communication channels.
- Raise issues early and offer solutions, mitigation strategies, or workarounds so that the team can adapt.
- Provide timely and thorough review of issues and pull requests.
- Mentor others on the team and work to advance their own professional development, specifically with an emphasis on helping others adopt and follow good engineering practices.
- Be available for consultation when other members of the team need assistance with an issue, and be prepared to help guide them through the development and implementation of a solution.
We’d Like To See:
- 5-7 years strong experience developing for iOS (Objective-C and Swift) with a minimum of 3 years primarily in Swift development
- Strong communication skills, with an emphasis on empathy
- Experience with using REST APIs in a secure mobile environment
- Expertise with xcodebuild, git, Jenkins, CI/CD, XCTest and other test tooling
- Experience working on complex codebases in a team environment
- Experience writing consistent, readable, testable, developer-friendly code.
- BONUS POINTS: Experience in developing for MacOS
Come As You Are:
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at email@example.com if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If you are a California resident, please reference our California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) Privacy Statement.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.