We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience.
We're working to delight our customers - and the Customer Relations team plays one of the largest roles in making that a reality. Time after time, Simple customers cite "phenomenal customer service" as the reason that they love banking with Simple.
What You’ll Do All Day:
- Respond to customer questions, concerns, feedback and suggestions regarding their accounts and our product
- Resolve issues efficiently and completely or escalate to a support manager or team lead
- Support customers across different platforms, including telephone and email/chat
- Meet quality assurance requirements and other key performance metrics
- Assist customers with any technical issues experienced with our website or app
- Partner with quality assurance analysts in order to deliver a high level of customer service
- Understand and meet all regulations and compliance standards
- Document all call information according to standard operating procedure
- Be the voice of the customer across Simple, leveraging your insight and knowledge of the customer experience to bring positive change
- Understand all of Simple’s products, services, processes and guidelines and communicate them consistently to all team members through informal mentorship and job shadowing
- Assist your peers with complex problems by directing them to proper channels and resources
- Attend and participate in team huddles, working groups, and other meetings
- Stay aware of (and up-to-date on) the information you need to serve our customers including: checking email, internal communications, completing on the job training and lessons
What We'd Like to See:
- 2-3 years of customer service experience, banking or call center experience preferred.
- Customer focused and a genuine passion for speaking to customers, answering queries and solving complex issues.
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude and be able to quickly develop a rapport with customers
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment
- Passionate about being the best you can be and desire to achieve targets
- Ability to clearly communicate complex topics
- Strong team working ability
- Ability to identify and escalate priority issues
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- You are flexible with your working hours. Shifts include evenings and weekends and some holiday shifts
- High School diploma or GED is required for this position
- Base pay starts at $17/hour
- Annual bonus potential based on company performance
Come As You Are:
Our mission as a company is to help people feel confident with their money so naturally, we want our employees to feel confident with their money as well. We build clear, equitable and transparent compensation programs to reward high performance and help people do their best work. We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.