We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience.
Product Management at Simple is responsible for defining the product vision, strategy, and roadmap in order to realize our vision of better banking. In this role, you'll have the independence of a startup in finding the products and features that are usable, valuable, and feasible with the backing of one of the world's most successful banks, BBVA.
As the VP of Product you will oversee the product strategy, roadmap and lifecycle of Simple’s product portfolio. You will be responsible for defining and driving the business plan, short- and long-term growth strategy and positioning of Simple’s products in the market. You will direct the end-to-end leadership of new and existing products from inception through all phases of the products’ lifecycle. You will be responsible for the life cycle of products, including: concept, development, launch, adoption, and performance. You will oversee customer research, project management, ux design and engagement for gathering feedback and determining product requirements. You will lead implementation of innovative strategies that drive revenue growth and market penetration for new and existing products and oversee product vision, strategy, and delivery through the research, design, development, and testing of user interfaces, including mobile and web. As part of this role, you will oversee collaboration between development, visual design, product management, and integration of customer feedback to strategically align the user requirements for current and future products with business needs.
You are a personal finance geek and love creating value for customers through data driven decisions. You love partnering with executives and teams to help drive businesses to new financial heights. You have innate curiosity and often answer the question behind the question without being asked. You’re highly organized and love building and executing work plans that are detailed and attainable. You are highly analytical and have solved complex analytical problems. You have experience raising the performance bar for everyone around you to find insights based on data. We are a scrappy team, so you are expected to not only lead, but roll up your sleeves and work side by side with engineering and data teams to get as hands on as necessary (e.g. create your own SQL query or project manage a third party api integration if necessary).
What You’ll Do All Day:
You will lead Simple’s product, design, research, and project management organizations, representing them on Simple’s Management Team. You will collaborate with our Customer Operations team to represent and improve upon the end-to-end customer experience. You’ll define, refine and deliver the product and technology vision, strategy and roadmap, in close partnership with the VP of Engineering. As part of this, you’ll define and iterate on best practices for the design and implementation process for product teams. You’ll attract, develop and retain great talent. You’ll inspire high performing teams and deliver business results through sound product strategy and effective management of product delivery. You’ll set and manage product team outcomes (e.g. OKRs), P&L drivers, and resource allocation. You’ll communicate and collaborate with peer department heads.
We’d Like To See:
- 10+ years in product roles and 4+ years operating at a leadership level
- Product management experience in financial services required
- Experience successfully and compassionately leading teams to find product-market fit and growth
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Great communicator - ability to communicate clearly and with inspiration, not only within Product, but across all of Simple
- Extensive consumer technology experience
- Has the ability to inspire action across teams and within the department while enhancing trust and strengthening relationships
- Passion for great design; visual, interaction, and overall customer experience
- A curiosity and passion for consumer finance and/or experience with applications that work on behavioral change
- Track record of building simple, smart, beautiful products
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, “all hands on deck” and highly innovative environment
- Experience with both start-ups and larger scale consumer products (i.e. millions of users)
- A strong people leader and developer of talent who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty
Come As You Are:
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.