We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
Product Designers are forward-thinking members of the company. As part of the User Experience team at Simple, designers crystallize ideas — making them real and approachable across the organization and bringing good ideas to life. They add delight to our product and work by being advocates for moving Simple’s design language forward. They also foster a performance culture and utilize development framework and processes in accordance with Simple’s Performance and Development framework.
Product Designers have the privilege of interacting with many different functions across Simple, but on a day-to-day basis, you'll work closely with Product, Engineering and Customer Insights & Research to create meaningful solutions to our customers' financial problems.
You have a drive to deeply understand customer behavior and how design can help meet customer needs. Your experience in design has given you an innate understanding of what best in class customer onboarding and interaction design looks like. Most of all, you're passionate about finding unique, design-led solutions while being responsive to constraints.
What You’ll Do All Day:
As a Product Designer at Simple, you'll be creating meaningful solutions to our customers' financial problems while at the same time furthering Simple's reputation for beautiful, easy-to-use interfaces. You’ll do that through:
- Consistently bringing products and features to market that wow customers. Sketching concepts, craft prototypes, and deliver final designs for app flows and screens. You’re a complete systems thinker who finds simple elegant solutions that work with existing tech stack. You bring user-centered mindset to all phases of design from initial concept, through development, and execution. Your speed and volume of output sets the pace for others to follow.
- Working effectively to collaborate with engineering and product managers to get concepts to market the most efficient way possible and understands where to make tradeoffs to achieve MVP.
- Clearly communicating vision, concept and mission of the team at all levels and provides context and clarity throughout the organization. You’ll be confident to write and speak to the justifications for your design decisions.
We’d Like To See:
- 2-5 years of experience in mobile app design for iOS and Android platforms
- Ability to design products to be functional, elegant and easy to use
- Thoughtful and clear communication of ideas, recommendations, and opinions
- Experience with Sketch and Invision
- Comfortable, convincing, and effective at speaking to larger groups
- Previous experience working within design systems, pattern libraries, or other system of ensuring design consistency
- A portfolio that shows off your recent digital product design work. Being able to see your process is important to us, so please include a range of sketches, comps, and final designs
- Strong UX/UI visual language skills
Come As You Are:
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.