We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
The Internal Audit team at Simple performs reviews of the organization's control environment to ensure the processes and controls are properly designed and operating effectively. The goal of the team is to strengthen the internal control environment and increase business process efficiency, while ensuring regulatory expectations are being met. As part of the annual audit plan, the team interfaces with several organizational departments and develops a diverse knowledge of the Simple business processes.
You'll work most closely with the Compliance, Enterprise Risk, Information Security, Finance and Engineering teams.
You are able to quickly learn new processes and identify potential process flaws. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively. Possess the ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team. You are able to prioritize tasks and change focus as new information becomes available. You have a strong sense of integrity, curiosity and a desire for professional and personal development.
What You’ll Do All Day
As an Auditor at Simple, you will assess risks and controls to the company and provide recommendations on how to improve policies, procedures, and processes. You’ll do this by:
- Assisting the audit manager with establishing the scope and objective of future audits.
- Assessing the technology and business risks levels and determine adequacy of implemented controls.
- Validating implemented controls by executing audit tests during system, application and business process reviews.
- Identifying relevant issues and make recommendations regarding internal control processes and related procedures as they relate to effectiveness and compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with organizational departments and other auditors to achieve business objectives.
- Assisting with preparation and presentation of findings within the internal audit report.
- Performing remediation testing to verify audit recommendations have adequately been addressed.
- Staying current and apply industry best practices for audit fieldwork.
We’d Like To See:
- 1-3 years of previous experience in IT, Operational or Financial Audit
- Familiarity with internal audit, IT, and regulatory standards such as IIA, COBIT, FFIEC, NIST, etc., is preferred
- CISA, CISM, CISSP, CIA, or CPA designations are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required. A major in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, or related field(s) is preferred
Come As You Are:
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.