We’re a tech company that’s changing how people bank and think about their finances. We value empathy, curiosity, craft and efficacy. Our mission is to help people feel confident with their money. We do that by bringing humanity, elegance and ease to the consumer banking experience. And we make banking beautiful.
Simple is built upon a REST-based service-oriented architecture. We’re looking for an engineer to join the team that builds and maintains this architecture.
We value design skills, programming ability, and teamwork. You'll be helping design and implement high-performing distributed systems that integrate with our partners and provide the backbone for our awesome features. For the most part you’d be working in Scala, with a bit of Java. Most of our data is stored in PostgreSQL, we use Kafka and RabbitMQ, and we're hosted in AWS. We don't require experience in our exact stack, but experience with the technologies we use is a plus.
You value open, active collaboration and work well with others, helping teammates who need it, and asking for the help you need in turn. You’re excited to pick up new skills, techniques, and technologies, and love to share what you’ve learned. You enjoy solving difficult problems such as occur in distributed systems, care about metrics, monitoring, and testing. You’re excited about working closely with people across the organization, from your direct teammates to members of ops, and customer service. You want to be a part of building something beautiful and meaningful, even if user interface isn’t your specialty.
What We're Looking For:
- 1-3 years development experience working in a distributed, service-oriented environment
- Professional experience using Scala or another JVM-based language
- Experience writing RESTful web services, with an understanding of JSON, API versioning
- Nice to have: understanding of Finite State Machine pattern, ODATA, Kanban/Agile
Come As You Are:
We recognize the dire lack of diversity in our industry, and we’re not okay with it. We actively seek to address it with our hiring and retention practices, as well as our office culture. Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person and their lived experience is integral to building a work environment, and a product that will change the world. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it, and apply!
Why Simple’s a Great Place to Work:
- Competitive salary and inclusive benefits package, including 4-months of 100% paid parental leave, additional PTO for volunteer & advocacy days, and affordable health insurance for partners & families.
- A supportive and nurturing place to work. We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels psychologically safe to take risks and think outside of the box here. Our dog-friendly space provides a wellness room, adjustable desks & ergonomic chairs, monthly on-site acupuncture & massages, all gender restrooms, and dietary & allergy conscious catering.
- Ample opportunity to connect with your coworkers through company-funded Employee Resource Groups & Simple community events.
- We’re committed to hiring quality human beings. Simple is a place where others will watch out for you and help you learn. We like and respect one another.
- We believe that financial confidence belongs to everyone - and we will work to remove every barrier along the way. We sweat the small stuff, and build with intention.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Email our team at email@example.com if you need an accommodation in the application process.
A background check will be required for this opportunity.
Simple provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Simple complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
By submitting this application, you certify that the facts contained in your application are true and complete to the best of your knowledge. If you are employed, false statements on your application will be grounds for termination.