Lead Data Engineer (m/f/x)
Full-time and Remote
simpleclub is Germany's most popular digital learning platform. We offer a personalized learning experience to students, powered by the best content. For 1M+ users. Loved by both students and parents, simpleclub makes it easy and fun for students and learners to understand anything related to any subject at school with a stress-free experience. At simpleclub, we are all creators and we are on a mission to disrupt the traditional school-based learning system by creating and giving access to great learning content to every student. Check us out on Instagram and TikTok and especially, our App.
Created in 2015 by back then students, simpleclub has grown to over 1M users and going. In 2020, simpleclub secured a seed round from HV Capital to accelerate growth.
And this is where you come in:
As a Lead Data Engineer and part of our Engineering team, you will own our data stack and be responsible for enabling the organisation to grow its data competency. You will build data solutions to generate insights and efficiency across simpleclub. You will be coming as our first-ever Data Engineer, working closely with our VP of Engineering and wider Product and Engineering team to empower everyone at simpleclub to make the best decisions based on data.
How will you make an impact:
- Design, build, maintain and operate scalable data services
- Manage our Data warehouse
- Shape the data flows and architecture
- Work in close collaboration with our Product team and stakeholders to design and implement self-service analytics and BI platform
- Own our data stack and deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, documented, and code-reviewed data sets ready to be analysed
- Work on data governance to enable full data democratization and generate insights from data at scale
- Automate data management
What we value:
- Proven Data background. You have at least 6+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Data stack experience. You are proficient with tools and technology like SQL, Looker, BigQuery, Fivetran, pub/sub and Google Cloud functions and you have previously designed well-architected data models, optimizing query performances and documenting code
- Strong development experience: You’re experienced coding in Python
- Extreme curiosity. You keep up to date with the latest practices and tools on Data Engineering and analytics and you bring them to simpleclub
- A highly collaborative approach. You understand that in this position you must get everyone on board and collaborate with Product, Engineers and Marketing by bringing transparency and a desire to do things right
What is in for you:
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Work from anywhere
- Team events
- A great culture
- Education via Sunlight
- Join a purposeful mission
- Open communication
🌍 simpleclub welcomes everyone. Yes, everyone:
At simpleclub we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by everyone and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
It is key to us that our employees bring themselves to work no matter what age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, color of your skin, beliefs, gender, or else.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure simpleclub remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.