Analytics Engineer (m/f/x)
Full-time and Remote
simpleclub is Germany's most popular digital learning platform. We offer a personalized learning experience to students, powered by the best content. For 1M+ users. Loved by both students and parents, simpleclub makes it easy and fun for students and learners to understand anything related to any subject at school with a stress-free experience. At simpleclub, we are all creators and we are on a mission to disrupt the traditional school-based learning system by creating and giving access to great learning content to every student. Check us out on Instagram and TikTok and especially, our App.
Created in 2015 by back then students, simpleclub has grown to over 1M users and going. In 2020, simpleclub secured a seed round from HV Capital to accelerate growth.
And this is where you come in:
As an Analytics Engineer and part of our Engineering team, you will own our entire data stack and be responsible for bringing analytics models into production. You will build data solutions to drive efficiency across simpleclub. You will be coming as our first-ever Analytics Engineer, working closely with our VP of Engineering and wider Engineering team to empower everyone at simpleclub to make the best decisions based on data.
How will you make an impact:
- Work closely with stakeholders at simpleclub to identify where we can leverage our data to improve processes and decision making in all our departments
- Helping us monitor data generated from our users
- Improving our capabilities for prediction, analysis, and actionable insights
- Own our entire data stack and deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, documented, and code-reviewed data sets ready to be analysed
- Providing the company with know-how on analytics software best practices. This will be in the form of both training and documentation
- Keep all data definitions and documentation accessible and up to date ready for use
- Contributing to experimenting with innovative ways to use data and empower the whole business
What we value:
- Proven Data background. You have at least 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Data stack experience. You are proficient with tools and technology like SQL, Looker, BigQuery, Fivetran, pub/sub and Google Cloud functions and you have previously designed well-architected data models, optimizing query performances and documenting code
- Extreme curiosity. You keep up to date with the latest practices and tools on Analytics Engineering and you bring them to simpleclub
- A highly collaborative approach. You understand that in this position you must get everyone on board and collaborate with Product, Engineers and Marketing by bringing transparency and a desire to do things right
What is in for you:
- Work from anywhere
- Team events
- A great culture
- Join a purposeful mission
- Open communication
simpleclub welcomes everyone. Yes, everyone:
At simpleclub we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion, and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and with that, we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by everyone and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
It is key to us that our employees bring themselves to work no matter what age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, color of your skin, beliefs, gender, or else.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure simpleclub remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.