Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/x)
Full-time and Remote
simpleclub is Germany's most popular digital learning platform. We offer a personalized learning experience to students, powered by the best content. For 1M+ users. Loved by both students and parents, simpleclub makes it easy and fun for students and learners to understand anything related to any subject at school with a stress-free experience. At simpleclub we are all creators and we are on a mission to disrupt the traditional school-based learning system by creating and giving access to great learning content to every student. Check us out on Instagram and TikTok and especially our App.
Created in 2015 by back then students, simpleclub has grown to over 1M users and going. In 2020, simpleclub secured a seed round from HV Capital to accelerate growth.
And this is where you come in:
As a Senior Backend Engineer you'll be developing new product functionalities as well as contributing to simpleclub backend architecture. You will play a key role in building a product and the team that will impact the way millions of students experience education and learning.
Our Tech stack includes:
- Google Cloud functions
How will you make an impact:
- Integrate an Agile cross-platform team continuously developing and maintaining simpleclub's products and platform.
- Take the lead on technical discussions and designs for feature implementation or technical redesigns.
- Actively participate in the team’s processes, Engineering practices and our backend architecture continuous improvement.
- Continuously improve existing systems, including refactoring of critical components of our platform.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, product and company vision and anticipate necessary changes to our architecture.
- Mentor other members in the team by continuously ensuring code quality and supporting them in their work.
- Participate in recruiting and onboarding activities.
Technical skills you bring:
- Solid Software development experience. You have 8+ years of software development experience.
- Strong Computer Science and Software Development fundamentals. You hold a relevant Degree or have proven understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Product development experience. You have contributed or led multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives from a technical perspective.
- Strong background in a range of Backend technologies. You should be familiar with Node.js, GCP, Google Cloud functions and Pub/Sub.
- Solid knowledge of DevOps .
- Modern System Architecture expertise. You are confident with (but not limited to) Cloud based, Microservices, serverless and messaging systems.
- Continuous Delivery. You are able to produce well structured and maintainable code covered with automated tests.
- End-to-end project-leading experience. You have previously led high-level Design medium to large projects from concept to scoping to completion.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems such as UI navigation and performance.
- You have the ability to drive technical discussions by breaking down complex topics into small actionable tasks to facilitate complex decision making.
- Previous experience with both NoSQL and SQL databases.
- Experience in building Data Pipelines will be seen as an advantage.
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring production services.
- Technical team-building experience. You are committed to our growth and bring previous experience in recruiting high quality engineers.
Soft skills you bring:
- Passion. You are highly passionate about developing high performing, high quality, efficient systems and understanding user problems to find solutions.
- Comfortable in fast-paced environments. Welcoming and leading through change and high ambiguity.
- Growth mindset. You are comfortable to receive and give feedback and to continuously learn and make progress.
- User centric. You are able to put the user first and do your best work while keeping a user-empathy approach.
- Outstanding communication skills. You are a strong communicator and you are able to contextualise your ideas and communicate them to small or bigger audiences.
- Pragmatism. You know the healthy balance between getting things done and mid/long-term consequences.
- An avid learner. You are curious and always up-to-date with software design and architecture patterns. You are able to catch up fast with what is new or unknown to you.
- A team player. You bring excellent interpersonal skills, valuing collaboration, knowledge sharing and sense of ownership.
What is in for you:
- Work from anywhere
- Team events
- A great culture
- Join a purposeful mission
- Open communication
simpleclub welcomes everyone. Yes, everyone:
At simpleclub we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and with that we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by everyone and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
It is key to us that our employees bring themselves to work no matter what age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, colour of your skin, beliefs, gender or else.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure simpleclub remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.