Engineering Manager (m/f/x)
Loved by both students and parents, simpleclub makes it easy for students and learners to understand anything related to any subject at school by investing less time and therefore reducing stress. At simpleclub we are all creators. We have built a product that millions of people already use and are falling in love with. Check out our YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimpleClub 👈 and our app for Apple and Android.
We are on a mission to disrupt the traditional school-based learning system by creating a learning experience personalised to every student.
Created in 2015 by back then students, Alexander Giesecke and Nicolai Schork, simpleclub has grown to over 1M users and going. In 2020, simpleclub secured a seed round from HV Capital to accelerate growth. And this is where you come in:
As a Leader within the Engineering team at simpleclub, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional engineering team to develop our Mobile and Web applications in Flutter . In this role you will be working close to our Founder and our VP of Engineering. You will be mentoring and coaching a team of passionate engineers and at the same time support our development when required. You will be at the forefront of a team committed to change the way millions of students experience learning and that in itself is a very good reason to apply 😉.
How will you make an impact:
- Leading and a cross-functional engineering team, developing our Mobile and Web Apps in Flutter
- Being hands-on, when required
- Acting as a mentor and coach to other developers
- Creating a safe space, where creative ideas are encouraged
- Building a high-performing, motivated and healthy team that embraces changes and focuses on outcomes
- Ensuring information sharing and alignment between your team and the rest of the organisation
- Fostering an environment of autonomy where everyone is encouraged to identify and prioritise customer needs and opportunities
What we value:
- Engineering excellence. You have long standing experience in software development, with special focus on mobile applications at scale and you have a strong understanding of computer science fundamentals
- Outstanding communication skills. When things get complex, you will be the one communicating the bigger picture in a clear way
- Inspiring leadership. You see your success through the team and not only your own. You lead by example , you are approachable and you put empathy first to keep energy levels high
- A pragmatic mindset. You strongly believe less is more while being clear about priorities. You don’t over engineer things and you believe the leanest approach is usually the best even if it takes you a bit longer to get there
- User bias. You always think about the users first and what will bring them joy rather than what will make your day easier
- Hiring know-how. You have previously built Engineering Teams and you are able to network and identify
Bonus points if:
- You secretly (or very openly ) are in love with Flutter and Web applications
Don’t worry you won’t be alone. Take a peek at your future colleagues:
- Jose Guerra: VP of Engineering at simpleclub https://www.linkedin.com/in/jose-guerra-7570a614/
- Nicolai Schork: Co-Founder and Co-CEO at simpleclub https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolai-schork-686108a3/
What is in for you:
- Work from anywhere
- Team events
- A great culture
- Join a purposeful mission
- Open communication
simpleclub welcomes everyone. Yes, everyone:
At simpleclub we are devoted to building an environment that promotes equality, inclusion and diversity. We are on the path towards expansion and with that we believe everyone’s uniqueness should be celebrated and embraced. This is critical to our success and innovation. We want to build a product that is loved by everyone and we want the same to be reflected in our teams.
It is key to us that our employees bring themselves to work no matter what age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, colour of your skin, beliefs, gender or else.
With this in mind, we are working to ensure simpleclub remains a diverse and inclusive environment for everyone.