Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.
Simon Data is looking for a manager to join us and build out our Data and Analytics function. If you are the person who is passionate about working hand in hand with leadership to ensure that an organization has the data and insights it needs to make better decisions, then this is the role for you! You’ll do everything from owning our internal data warehouse to helping us answer key questions, and giving us the last mile tools and dashboards to better govern our business.
This will be a fascinating opportunity to own the analytics & reporting infrastructure for Simon across all functions. This is not a client facing position.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to build and maintain core data analysis infrastructure
- Own our internal data warehouse - inclusive of ETL pipes, data workflows, data modeling and data warehouse transformation
- Own our Looker deployment, including data ingestion, data modeling and reporting
- Work with Data Engineering to ensure the fidelity of the data from source to insights
- Partner with all functional leads to make sure they have the data, insights, and dashboards necessary to improve team performance
- Work with our executive team to ensure we’re tracking our business’ core operating assumptions and have the data necessary to make effective mission-critical decisions
- Conduct investigative analyses around key areas and critical questions
- 4-8 years experience in data & analytics
- Understands when to be scrappy and resourceful vs. systematic and thorough
- Strong analytical, statistical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experienced with visualization tools (Looker preferable)
- Experienced SQL knowledge
- Experience owning and maintaining data warehouses, including pipeline development and warehouse modeling
- Business minded – we’re looking for someone comfortable bridging data analysis & business impact
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to roll up sleeves and get in the weeds
- Bonus: Experience in SaaS
- Bonus: Experience with DBT
- Bonus: Knowledge of Python or other scripting language
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.