Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a Senior Content Marketing Manager at Simon Data, you will be responsible for creating and owning our global content strategy. This includes ensuring the strategy aligns with corporate and marketing objectives, brings value to the brand, and drives relevant leads that lead to closed business.
In this role, your typical day might include writing blog posts, guides, and/or scripts for video or podcasts, partnering with the demand generation team to promote content, monitoring the success of each campaign and optimize where needed, or even producing video content with a videographer.
You are the right person for this role if you’re passionate about creating thoughtful and engaging content. You also understand the importance of tailoring content for different audiences so that it properly positions a business’ value proposition and POV in a manner that provides value for the reader.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and execute strategic content marketing plans, by establishing content themes closely related to Simon’s positioning and POV and mapping out editorial calendars and delivery strategies.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop ideas and write original content – blog posts, video series, podcast, case studies, articles, white papers, infographics, and more – that can be utilized across multiple marketing channels.
- Partner with the executive team on producing thought leadership content for their executive tentpoles.
- Drive execution and publishing of content and support the Demand Generation team in promotion strategy and measurement of the content’s success.
- Guide social media strategy and partner with Demand Generation team in execution. Ensure all content distribution activities are coordinated across all necessary social channels.
- Repurpose existing content into new forms including blog posts, bylines, research, etc to extend their lifetime value.
- Ensure content is strongly aligned with and optimized for our SEO strategies.
- Constantly exploring new formats and methods for content to make an impact.
- Measure the content program’s success by mapping back closed/won business (whether the business was influenced or originated via content marketing).
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5-7+ years experience in content marketing, writing, or journalism, preferably with experience producing content for marketers.
- Experience in content marketing, content development, copywriting, with some search engine marketing and optimization experience.
- Incredible writing and editing skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts and researching content development.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects to completion.
- Ability to work in a small agile team with a team player approach; willing to pitch in when needed.
- Experience managing social media efforts is a plus.
- Understanding of the marketing technology ecosystem a major plus.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.