Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon's platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon's unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
Great organizations are built on focus, cohesion, drive, and - of course - a winning product. At Simon, we've found a rapidly-expanding sweet spot in marketing software and are growing our team to take advantage of that opportunity.
The team at Simon is well-supported by a mature account development function, a progressive go-to-market process, best-in-class, hands-on client solutions team and a great customer base of savvy companies.
As a Solutions Architect, you'll be a key contributor to growing the top line in an essential new SaaS category at the intersection of data and marketing, backed by some of the best technologists in the world. This role will work cross-functionally with customers both pre- and post-sale as well as with our product function as the voice of our customer base.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Diagnose challenges at the intersection of data and marketing facing CMOs, CTOs and VP-level leaders at F1000s and high-growth companies
- Develop and deliver solutions architecture and product deployment against enterprise challenges, including client intake / assessment conversations, client workshops, business case formulation, and project planning
- Work closely with Simon Data founders, Sales Executives, Client Solutions Managers and Product Managers to help shape product vision and go-to-market strategy
- Participate in the commercialization strategy for a high-growth startup, backed by top investors
- Assist prospective customers as they perform technical due diligence while also performing the same due diligence on behalf of Simon to assess client fit
- Drive conversion of proof of concepts by assisting in presale solutioning and seeing the solution through implementation
- Convey the voice of customers to a product and engineering team that is passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, teamwork, and supporting customer objectives
- 3-6+ years of data-driven marketing, sales engineering, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar experience
- Bachelor's degree (technical degree a plus)
- Strong business acumen, ability to strategically partner with clients
- Experience thinking through complex data models and mapping business requirements to technical requirements and vice-a-versa
- SQL expertise or similar relevant programming languages
- Results-driven strategic thinker who is able to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Experience as a top performer in previous roles
- Superior emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand the dynamic MarTech landscape (prior knowledge a plus)
- Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, and collaborate with and across teams
- Superior presentation skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Flexibility to travel for key meetings at your discretion
- Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.