Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
Simon data is looking for someone to join us and build out our Business Intelligence function. As a technology, we empower data driven communication, and we’re looking to bring on an internal champion of data driven decision making.
This person will work hand in hand with the executive team & functional leaders to make sure the organization has the data and insights it needs to make smart decisions and continuous improvements. You’ll create the infrastructure for our budding business intelligence function that will enable our business to track progress against plan and fluctuations over time. You will own our BI system (Looker); you’ll work with you data engineering team to transform and bring the appropriate data into the platform, and will be responsible for creating the right data layer and reporting on top of it.
This will be a fascinating opportunity where you’ll set up the BI infrastructure for Simon’s internal business operations. Phase two will include client performance data to gain a deep understanding of platform ROI.
What You'll do:
- Build and maintain core data analysis infrastructure to enable everyone at Simon to better understand the business through data
- Own our Looker deployment, including data ingestion, data modeling and reporting
- Work with our data engineering team to ensure the right data is flowing into Looker from our data warehouses and other first-party data sources
- Work with all functional leads to make sure they have the data, insights, and dashboards necessary to improve team performance
- Work with our executive team to ensure we’re tracking our business’ core operating assumptions and have the data necessary to make effective mission-critical decisions
- Conduct investigative analyses around key areas (e.g. Sales effectiveness and platform margin) to uncover opportunities to improve business performance
- 4-8 years experience in business intelligence and data analysis
- Strong analytical, statistical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experienced with visualization tools like Looker (preferable), Tableau, any statistical / reporting packages
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Business minded – we’re looking for someone comfortable bridging data analysis & business impact
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful & an eagerness to roll up sleeves
- Working understanding of data pipeline development and data warehouse modeling
- Bonus: Experience setting up BI infrastructure (preferably Looker) from scratch
- Bonus: Experience in SaaS and/or sales analytics
- Bonus: Experience with DBT
- Bonus: Knowledge of Python or other scripting language