Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
We believe that success comes from knowing where your work connects into the business and being surrounded by a team that supports you and encourages you to succeed. As a software engineer at Simon, you will be working alongside an engineering team passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork. We work against two week long sprints and do our best to remain adaptive to changes in the business as they arise. All sprint team members are encouraged to collaborate, fully own their tasks, and raise impediments or risks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Interface with data from dozens of clients, each of which have upwards of a terabyte of data (SQL technologies).
- Own the build out our data pipe, aggregating data from both structured and unstructured sources (Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, EMR, Redshift).
- Scale and optimize our client facing data warehouse that provides real-time interactivity across millions of rows of data (Redshift, Elasticsearch).
- Lead the development of statistical models and predictive technology to take our market leading predictive platform to the next level (Machine learning, D3).
- Coordinate feature launches between cross-functional parts of the business
- Mentor our less senior staff and help them raise the bar technically and professionally
- Collaborate with an engineering team who is passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, and teamwork.
- Experience designing & deploying big data ETL’s & ecosystems
- Openness to learn & collaborate
- Demonstrated history of execution and delivery
- Capability to clearly, effectively, and professionally communicate
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.