Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
Simon Data is looking for our first West Coast hire for the Business Development team as Director, Enterprise Sales.
This Business Development team is a small, strategic, and highly collaborative team that is primarily responsible for expanding Simon’s footprint within leading companies. In this role you have an extremely diverse skill set spanning critical thinking, problem solving, relationship management, and driving organizational change.
As our first hire in the Bay Area, you are pivotal in building out Simon’s footprint on the West Coast. Above and beyond the skill set necessary to succeed on the business development team, you must be a self starter and the type of person that would love the challenge and opportunity to succeed independently and lay the foundation to build out Simon’s West Coast office. Because there is a learning curve associated with our product and process, you are open to being in New York for the first three months post-hire, with healthy travel to and from NY thereafter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Building out Simon’s network and presence on the West Coast.
- Building relationships with senior executives at Fortune 1000 companies, helping them solve mission-critical problems within their businesses
- Mapping and embedding our product within the strategic priorities for prospective clients
- Evolving the commercialization strategy for a high-growth startup, backed by top investors
- Tapping into the deep networks of our founders and key advisors to drive business growth and maturity
- Collaborating with the product, engineering, and customer success teams to continuously help build, update, and improve our next generation technology
- 6+ years of management consulting, strategic sales, corporate strategy, or similar experience, with 4+ at least years selling.
- Bonus: sales management experience
- Collaborative style when working across teams
- Willingness to frequently travel to NY
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand the dynamic MarTech landscape
- Strategically understand business problems, and mapping to potential solutions
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Capacity to build high-quality deliverables for executive teams
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.