Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
Simon Data is seeking a Director of Marketing to lead all marketing activity for the business - including lead generation, branding, PR, thought leadership, and product marketing. This is a critical hire, and the role will report directly to the co-founders; beyond the core tactical elements of the job, the ideal candidate is expected to contribute strategically to the overall direction of the company’s growth.
Currently well-staffed on the sales side, Simon Data has grown quickly, and is looking for a marketing leader who can leverage in-market traction to both drive effective storytelling and fuel growth via inbound leads.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Development and maintenance of core positioning; socialization/enforcement of positioning throughout the company (including hiring processes, prospect/sales engagement, etc).
- Deployment of marketing automation technologies (including Simon Data itself) to support the lead generation process.
- Generation of press re: Simon’s larger story, client successes, company milestones, and more.
- Creation of sales-enablement collateral (e.g. case studies, one sheets, kill sheets, decks, ROI analyses, etc).
- Support for analyst relations, articulation of the differentiated fit of the business within the larger marketing technology ecosystem.
- Coordination of market feedback into the product function; tracking of “common wisdom” within the marketing technology space, aligning with Simon’s value proposition.
- Leading all digital marketing efforts (e.g. Adwords, retargeting) and conference strategy (e.g. which conferences, securing speaking opportunities, when to sponsor, etc).
- Running core thought leadership and content marketing efforts (e.g. blog posts, social media, email newsletter, etc).
- Supporting positioning within the product itself, working with product to drive content creation around feature releases.
- Reporting on key metrics on a recurring basis (e.g. net new MQLs, press mentions, etc).
- 4+ years experience in marketing - high-level management consulting can also comprise a portion of the candidate’s background (e.g. Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc); experience with early stage technology companies a major plus.
- Experience implementing and deploying marketing automation solutions; familiarity with the larger landscape of marketing automation.
- Intuitive sense of positioning; experience deploying and enforcing messaging discipline across a high-growth company.
- Able to take projects to completion without significant oversight; understands how to drive end-business value via tactical execution.
- Strong familiarity with data - e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Excel, etc; SQL not necessary but a bonus.
- Deep understanding of marketing technology and ad tech - ideally in a buying role.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.