Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that champions these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a member of the data engineering team, you will have the opportunity to tackle cool engineering projects and make a significant impact on the trajectory of an early-stage startup. Simon’s stack is composed of a wide variety of cutting-edge technologies, and you’ll work on a diversity of projects that will accelerate your growth as an engineer.
You are smart and passionate about data. You love designing creative solutions to complex problems and are always thinking about how you can automate processes. You care deeply about your work and always seek to grow your knowledge and skills. If you are excited about growing your technical career and want to be in an environment that fosters growth and mentorship this is the place for you.
What You’ll Do
- Build custom data pipelines on top of our core platform (Python/Redshift/Snowflake)
- Collaborate closely with senior engineers to design and develop new product features
- Build out tooling for a data development environment for our clients on our platform
- Identify solutions to client requests
- Drive technical requirements from high-level marketing and business needs of our end users
- Partner with our Customer Success team to deliver quality solutions to our customers
- Fluent in at least one programming language
- Detailed-oriented and able to work across departments
- Motivated self-starter
- Strong technical communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and a love for all things data
- Experience with Python/Django a plus but not expected
- Proficiency in SQL is a plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.