Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions power the digital strategies of companies like Google, eBay, and Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in today’s digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, and more.
In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, and we haven’t stopped growing since!
We are looking for a Data Engineer who will take full ownership of the data products and pipelines end-to-end.
This includes developing processes/ETLs that create different business KPIs based on similarweb's data, to be displayed on our platform or delivered to customers.
Being a Data Engineer includes having an understanding of the business context and industries, as well as the responsibility of data methodology and architecture, sanity checks, maintenance etc.
This role will report to R&D Data Team Lead
Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Similarweb is a data-focused company, and data is the heart of our business. Your role as a data engineer will give you the opportunity to be the owner of complex data processing pipelines, to use the most cutting-edge technologies and frameworks while also keeping the business context and the product and customer needs in mind.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the R&D Data team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Developing data products, reports and calculated KPIs relevant for specific industries.
- Automating processes and building ETLs in a big data production environment using Python, PySpark and Airflow.
- Researching, analyzing and assessing different data sources available in similarweb and outside of it.
- Ongoing maintenance of data processes and the development of sanity tests and QA.
- Providing support to internal and external customers, knowledge documentation.
This is the perfect job for someone who has:
- Bsc. in Software Engineering/Industrial Engineering/Information Systems or any other relevant engineering or scientific degree.
- At least 2-3 years work experience as a Data Engineer (or alternatively in a similar role such as software engineers/BI developers) - Must
- At least 1-2 year experience in Python scripting - Must
- At least 2-3 years experience with SQL for data analysis - Must
- Experience with big data tools (Spark, Hadoop) and AWS cloud services - Big Advantage
- At least 1 year work experience in an Online/Tech Company - Advantage
- Excellent verbal and communication skills (in English) - Must
- Team player, autodidact, motivated and fast learner with excellent analytical skills.
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
About the R&D team
As part of our R&D team at Similarweb, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging algorithmic problems with no play book solution, solve problems for real customers, and work alongside the best engineers and scientists in the industry.
Why you’ll love being a Similarwebber:
You’ll actually love the product you work with: Our customers aren’t our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said “the product.” Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
You’ll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue and empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. You’ll find the resources you need to take initiative and create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously, and offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings and happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether it’s Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, you’ll find all the tools and opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isn’t just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.