Similarweb is a place for the dreamers. A place to grow personally and professionally, by constantly challenging yourself and the status quo, bringing in new ideas, and simply daring to explore… In Similarweb you’ll be surrounded by talented individuals that are passionate about data, technology, and people.
For five years running, Similarweb has been chosen as one of Dun & Bradstreet’s TOP BEST HI-TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL. We raised over $240M and have 800 employees across 10 global offices. In May 2021, we began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of our Similarwebbers.
We believe in balancing between the flexibility of working from home, and the fun of working together and face to face personal connections. That is why, at Similarweb we have implemented a Hybrid model, in which you work from the office 3 days, and can decide to work from home two days a week. Enjoying the best of both worlds!
We're looking for Backend Developer!
What makes the Similarweb R&D team awesome?
- High-performance web serving layer, capable of providing analytics on hundreds of millions of pages and domains with sub-second latency
- Work with cutting-edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
Here’s what your day will look like:
- Design, code, and manage large-scale, highly available services using cutting-edge technologies.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Determine feasibility by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs.
- Lead decision-making & design of APIs, mechanisms, and abstractions.
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product end to end (frontend, backend, tests, monitoring, etc.) and cross platforms.
- Write high-quality, functional code – backend and frontend.
- Improve your skills, learn from and mentor top-notch engineers and enrich other team members.
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback.
- Have lots of fun!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field;
- 4+ years of previous engineering hands-on experience with web technologies;
- At least 3 years of experience in developing server-side;
- At least 1 year of experience in developing front-end/mobile (Well-known frameworks- React, Vue, etc. - an advantage);
- Experience with or desire purely switching to Kotlin;
- Experience with at least one large UI framework (react, angular, vue);
- Experience with databases;
- Experience in architecture and design of production-grade web services;
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between teams;
Why choose Similarweb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At Similarweb, you’ll be surrounded by curious, witty and passionate people that are hungry to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 800 creative and talented professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.
Similarweb is a global company that strives to create a workplace reflective of the communities we serve, where individuals are empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
Similarweb is the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior. Millions of people rely on Similarweb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.