Similarweb is a place for the dreamers. A place to grow personally and professionally, by constantly challenging yourself and the status quo, bringing in new ideas, and simply daring to explore… In Similarweb you’ll be surrounded by talented individuals that are passionate about data, technology, and people.
For five years running, Similarweb has been chosen as one of Dun & Bradstreet’s TOP BEST HI-TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL. We raised over $240M and have 800 employees across 10 global offices. In May 2021, we began trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and we couldn’t have done it without each and every one of our Similarwebbers.
We believe in balancing between the flexibility of working from home, and the fun of working together and face to face personal connections. That is why, at Similarweb we have implemented a Hybrid model, in which you work from the office 3 days, and can decide to work from home two days a week. Enjoying the best of both worlds!
What does the day to day of a DevSecOps Production Engineer at Similarweb look like:
A DevSecOps Engineer is a Software Engineer with a passion for both security concerns, and infrastructure. And is dedicated to finding the best balance between maximal security and operational efficiency.
The DevSecOps Engineer is in charge of improving security by: automation, intelligent design, tooling, and smart security modeling. He/She is expected to be an effective communicator and team member.
Your role will include:
- Building and maintaining Similarweb's Auditing and Security Visibility capabilities.
- Working closely with IT, the CISO, and R&D teams on defining and implementing security and auditing solutions.
- Identify gaps in security or compliance and drive the required development or adaptations to mitigate.
- Model permissions to accommodate the company's structure according to SOC2 compliance
- Creating APIs and tools that will be used by 400+ engineers and have a direct impact on how Similarweb delivers software and data.
- Evaluate, Implement and maintain security related tools as part of the CI/CD and production environment.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups (and make sure we don't get the same alert twice)
What does the ideal candidate look like:
- Experience in modeling and maintaining security for a dynamic organization, relying mostly on cloud and SaaS platforms.
- Experience with AWS IAM or other cloud solution access management services (GCP, AZURE).
- Experience with a variety of security related tools (Supply chain attack prevention, CI/CD compliance, security monitoring).
- Experience with running a large scale operation.
- Ability and willingness to say your opinion and back it up with hard facts.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with external authentication providers (SAML SSO like Okta/Pingone)
- Experience with Active Directory/LDAP
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions such as Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm
- Experience building web-based and CLI tools.
Why choose Similarweb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At Similarweb, you’ll be surrounded by curious, witty and passionate people that are hungry to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 800 creative and talented professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.
Similarweb is a global company that strives to create a workplace reflective of the communities we serve, where individuals are empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience. We believe our culture of equality and mutual respect also helps us better understand and serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, and more digital every day.
Similarweb is the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior. Millions of people rely on Similarweb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.