As the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at www.similarweb.com. The company has raised over $240M and has over 750 employees across 11 global offices.
We're looking for someone with digital copywriting experience who understands how engaging copy contributes to marketing goals. This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing, Portfolio & Services in the Product Marketing division and works on a daily basis with Demand Generation stakeholders and all Product Marketers.
As a Digital Copywriter at SimilarWeb:
You will design the words people see when they first meet our brand and products. You will embody and personalize the company voice and tone through meaningful content that grabs attention and helps readers from the start. You will integrate copy into digital assets in close collaboration with digital marketers, product marketers, and designers - and analyze how to create better conversion rates. You will proofread and optimize all copy that reaches our beloved prospects and customers.
You must be a self-starter, pay careful attention to detail, and comfortable with an ever-changing environment. You must have the ability to quickly turnaround requests and execute on multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Develop and write copy for digital content that meets business, marketing, and UX objectives from beginning to end, while working collaboratively with cross-functional stakeholders like designers, product marketers, producers, and demand generation team members
- Tailor copy to different audiences for the specific product being marketed, while maintaining consistency of the brand voice
- Write benefit-driven, engaging, and optimized copy for websites that will generate leads and conversions
- Develop creative and captivating copy for digital ads
- Write and edit email and in-app marketing copy for customer campaigns that drive open rates, clicks, and replies
- Write and edit compelling, informational, and optimized copy for video scripts
- Leverage the SEO team’s research for high-performing keywords that align with each website’s goal and integrate product marketers’ guidelines on product positioning
- Proofread, edit and optimize product marketers’ copy
- Continuously analyze the appropriate metrics and insights from the performance of your assets and develop and implement best practices
- Collaborate with product marketers to understand the different personas and use cases per product and SimilarWeb’s value propositions and product positioning & messaging
- Research the target audience and how to speak their language
- Scope projects and create clear briefs
- Identify fresh and interesting angles for your content
- Work with creative teams to make sure that the visual elements complement the words
What skills we’re looking for in the perfect candidate:
- 3+ years of experience creating copy for software and/or data products
- Native English speaker
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, UX or equivalent relevant experience
- An expert at adapting your writing talent to meet your clients’ needs
- A self-starter with a love for language and detail who is comfortable with working on multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- A creative thinker with big ideas
- An expert in powerfully communicating key messages
- Able to write clearly and concisely with a core understanding of conversion optimization
- Able to work independently & autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities & tight deadlines
- Motivated & hardworking
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
- An active problem solver
- A team player
- Good project management and organization skills
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team.