As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM. The company has raised over $240M and has over 700 employees across eleven global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of CALCALIST'S TOP 50 STARTUPS 2019 and one of the 10 MOST DESIRABLE ISRAELI COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. Similarweb is also ranked 8th in DUN’S BEST HIGH TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, eBay and more.
The VP data analysis is responsible for data collection, analysis, and production of estimates of audience and market behavior on the web. This role reports directly to the company’s CTO, Ron Asher.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte-scale!
- As part of the team, you will support the backend for our multi-million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline in the cloud (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kinesis, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
- We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client-side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi-million users’ products, and more.
- Work with cutting-edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them.
How does a day to day of A VP data analysis in SimilarWeb look like:
- Managing a group of about 60 professionals including data scientists, data engineers, backend engineers, and more.
- Execution of the data generation engine including: data collection from multiple and various sources (~1B entities per day), run all analysis jobs (about 700 ETLs) and provide accurate estimators to all metrics of interest.
- Monitor and improve data accuracy by enriching the sources and enhancing the algorithms.
Manage and control quality and availability of the data that is consumed by our customers or internally.
- Develop risk assessment of data sources, enhance data sources redundancy and robustness to address the risks and further develop the business offering.
- Initiate and execute research to enhance the accuracy and richness of the metrics.
- Manage research activities and ensure that they are aligned with business requirements.
- Develop more skills, knowhow and scale the team with the growth of our business.
- As a member of the senior management of SimilarWeb, expected to contribute to the overall business excellence culture of the company.
How does the ideal candidate look like:
- BSC in computer science, mathematics or other applicable domains is expected.
- An MSC or PhD degree would be advantages.
- 3 plus years of experience as a senior manager that manages at least one level of people managers.
- 3 plus years experience developing or managing development of large scale distributed transactional applications and/or large scale big data application.
- Experience participating and/or leading practical research in the domains of neural networks, statistics or other big data algorithms.
- Experience in agile development leveraging CI/CD with maximum automation from development to production.
- Experience managing large scale production environments
- Experience collaborating with Product and Go To Market teams.
- Leader with strong management skills and proven experience developing managers.
- Results oriented, can drive focus in a complex environment combined with unplanned time sensitive tasks and long term important missions.
- Team player
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data-driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team