As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM.
The company has raised over $240M and has over 700 employees across ten global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of CALCALIST'S TOP 50 STARTUPS 2019 and one of the 10 MOST DESIRABLE ISRAELI COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. Similarweb is also ranked 8th in DUN’S BEST HIGH TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, eBay and more.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support the backend for our multi million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline in cloud (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kinesis, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!)
- We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi million users products and more.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a R&D Team Manager at SimilarWeb means…
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers ( Full Stack, native iOS, native Android, QA ).
- Collaborate with Product Managers, and other Team Leaders to plan, nurture, and implement an efficient and effective development process.
- Lead designs & decision making processes of the team.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Determine feasibility by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs.
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product end to end (frontend, backend, tests, monitoring, etc.) and cross platforms (services, web, mobile, extensions)
- Write high-quality, functional code – backend and frontend.
- Improve your skills, learn from and mentor top-notch engineers and enrich other team members.
- Have lots of fun!
What will I bring to the team?
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of previous engineering hands-on experience with web technologies and mobile development.
- Experience with at least one large UI framework (react, angular, vue) and one large backend framework/system
- Experience with databases
- Experience in architecture and design of large-scale scalable and high performance web production systems
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies
- Passion for clear code, product usability and robust architectures.
- Ability to manage people both from technical and personal standpoints.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to organize cooperation between various technical teams.
- Ability to prioritize and estimate team tasks effectively
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between the teams
- Ability to mentor and build the team
- Love to be a hands-on leader - a must!
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by innovative, passionate and creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 600 talented and passionate professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team