Director, Product Marketing - Portfolio & Services
As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at www.similarweb.com.
What does the SimilarWeb Product Marketing Team do?
Our job is to demonstrate how SimilarWeb’s products solve the world's digital intelligence problems -- from the tactical optimization of user acquisition to the epic transformation of your digital strategy, from the mundane benchmarking report to the monumental new market entry or product launch. We approach product marketing as a mission-critical opportunity to build a disruptive new traffic intelligence category, make our customers data-driven superheros, and ultimately let SimilarWeb’s actionable insights speak for themselves.
Your role focuses on the approach of selling multiple products and custom consulting services to our largest customers. You will shape the voice and tell the story of our total offering, across all paid products and services. You will ensure the entire company speaks the same language when it comes to the portfolio’s messaging and positioning. You will guide your team to lead cross-solution product launches, ensure customer-facing teams are trained and ready to sell, and effectively communicate to customers - in particular, the largest Enterprises that need our total offering. You will closely collaborate with our product, solutions, marketing, services and sales teams to define, develop, and execute product marketing strategies & plans. You will drive new sales and post-sales engagement, education and retention initiatives to help grow a healthy user base. You will build customer advocacy programs that showcase customers’ love for our offering.
This is a team leader role, reporting to the VP of Product Marketing.
As a Director of Product Marketing at SimilarWeb:
You will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of plans to hands-on execution. You must be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in an ever-changing environment, and pay careful attention to detail. You must have the ability to quickly formulate strategies and plans that are backed by data & storytelling and execute them across many work functions simultaneously.
- Build an understanding of all our customers (for each product and service) and SimilarWeb’s value proposition to each audience. Develop expertise on our Enterprise and Advisory Services customers.
- Create demand for Advisory Services, both for new and existing customers, by driving positioning, messaging, strategy (based on market fact base and data analysis), marketing asset creation, and campaign execution as you launch Advisory Services globally with a cross-functional team
- Provide excellent enablement & training for the Enterprise sales teams to ensure they are equipped to sell Advisory Services and multiple solutions
- Ensure all multi-solution and services related content communicates the value in our customers’ language, including: sales collateral, newsletters, webinars, in-app messaging, web copy, videos, case studies, blog posts, and more
- Work closely with Solutions & Advisory Services on strategy, positioning, differentiation, and launches; Marketing on content & campaigns; Enablement on training; GTM on customer feedback and education
- Lead the team to create positioning and messaging (based on market fact base and message testing) as your team launches cross-solution products globally with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, marketers, business managers, and salespeople
- Proactively develop messaging that is tailored to different stages in the buyer journey and apply it to all relevant assets
- Independently manage VP & C-level stakeholders on relevant projects & deliverables
- Win over customers and prospects with customer advocacy initiatives
- Innovate product marketing activities with new methodologies or tactics where you identify the opportunity to up-level how we market our products (i.e. templates, processes, measurement, targeting, etc.)
- Synthesize and distill Advisory Services feedback across all sources into digestible insights with recommended actions
- Manage a small team of product marketers to grow the business by increasing win rates and net retention
What will I bring to the team?
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing
- Strong background working for a B2B SaaS company
- 15+ years of work experience in one or more of the following: product marketing, marketing, management consulting, outbound product management, market research or strategy
- Experience in a fast-paced SaaS or DaaS company
- Captivating storytelling, superb communication & presentation skills
- Able to work independently & autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities & tight deadlines
- Team player, strong at facilitating alignment & building relationships across an organization
- Analytical thinker, excellent problem solving, planning, and execution skills
- Motivated & hardworking
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions, and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature, and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team