As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at www.similarweb.com.
The company has raised over $240M and has over 600 employees across ten global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of CALCALIST'S TOP 50 STARTUPS 2019 and one of the 10 MOST DESIRABLE ISRAELI COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. SimilarWeb is also ranked 8th in DUN’S BEST HIGH TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, eBay and more.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work on a petabyte scale!
- As part of the team you will support data analysis pipeline and infrastructure that ingests and churns huge scale data from multiple sources into precise estimations and insights for our customers
- We are solving some really hard problems in machine learning, estimation, classification etc.
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Big Data & ML Engineer at SimilarWeb means..
- Design, develop, and test complex data pipelines implemented in Java, Scala and Python leveraging the Hadoop & Spark frameworks
- Work closely with ML researchers to design and develop algorithms and models that provide our customers with data and insights regarding the ever changing digital world
- Create and improve our large scale machine learning infrastructures and big-data ecosystem
- Implement solutions in AWS cloud environment
- Constantly learn new technologies and methods and enrich other team members
What will You bring to the team?
- BSc degree in Computer Science, a related technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
- At least 2 years of server side Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between engineering teams
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Strong sense of ownership over the products of the team
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with large scale production systems
- Experience creating and optimizing big data processes, pipelines and architectures
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Airflow, Hbase etc.
- Familiarity with ML methodologies and frameworks
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by innovative, passionate and creative people that are looking to drive real impact. We are proud to have over 600 talented and passionate professionals, and we strongly believe in winning together as a way of driving a successful business!
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: We believe in excellence as a mindset. It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team and working together to reach new heights.