As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at WWW.SIMILARWEB.COM. The company has raised over $240M and has over 700 employees across eleven global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of CALCALIST'S TOP 50 STARTUPS 2019 and one of the 10 MOST DESIRABLE ISRAELI COMPANIES TO WORK FOR. Similarweb is also ranked 8th in DUN’S BEST HIGH TECH COMPANIES TO WORK FOR IN ISRAEL in 2018, taking over companies such as Amazon, Mobileye, PayPal, eBay and more.
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
We love data! At SimilarWeb you have the opportunity to work with it on a petabyte scale!
As part of the team, you will support everything from our multi-million client side panel across all platforms through our massive ingest pipeline (Big data starts with ingesting even bigger data. Our Node.js, Kafka, Java, Python, Go pipeline is impressive!) We are solving some really complex problems with web server scale, algorithms on the client side, research of different OS’s and APIs, managing multi-million users products and more. Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Manager/Director, Data Science at SimilarWeb means...
- You are a senior manager in our Data Analysis Group that is the core source of data for all of our products and services. This group sources a vast amount of digital signals throughout the global digital world and applies machine learning and statistical algorithms within this Big Data ecosystem. You will face some of the most challenging data science problems and have a direct impact on our products and services.
- You manage our group of 10 researchers and data scientists. In the capacity you will
- Mentor them and assign them to different projects and deliveries.
- Recruit new talent to the team and grow it by 50% through 2021.
- Develop and maintain up to date methodology, process, tools and cadence for the team and the data science projects.
- Help the team members develop their skills and career path at Similarweb.
- You will lead new machine learning and statistical algorithms intended to improve the existing ones and introduce new ones to enhance and expand our offering.
- You will collaborate with Product Managers for roadmap planning , analyse product requirements, develop scope and plans for research and development and eventually own the execution of these plans.
- You will collaborate also with our Big Data engineers for the purpose of integrating the research and delivery of algorithms
- Inspire innovation and out of the box thinking to maintain Similarweb business leadership as the universal measure of the digital world.
What will I bring to the team?
- 5+ years of experience in developing machine learning and statistical algorithms
- 2 years of experience in leading data-science/research projects
- Experience with probability theory, machine learning and statistics
- MsC or PhD in Math/Physics/Computer Science or any related field
- Experience with statistical and machine learning tools - Python, R, etc.
- Experience working with big data sets
- Knowledge of Big Data systems - MapReduce/Spark/Hive
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with the web/internet/online industry- nice to have
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data-driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team