As the most trusted platform for understanding online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem. Learn more at www.similarweb.com. The company has raised over $240M and has over 600 employees across 11 global offices.
What does the SimilarWeb Product Marketing Team do?
Our job is to demonstrate how SimilarWeb’s products solve the world's digital intelligence problems -- from the tactical optimization of user acquisition to the epic transformation of your digital strategy, from the mundane benchmarking report to the monumental new market entry or product launch. We approach product marketing as a mission-critical opportunity to build a disruptive new traffic intelligence category, make our customers data-driven superheros, and ultimately let SimilarWeb’s actionable insights speak for themselves.
You will shape the voice and tell the story of our Research Intelligence Solution’s value. You will ensure the entire company speaks the same language when it comes to your product’s messaging and positioning. You will guide your team to lead product launches from alpha to general release, ensure customer-facing teams are trained and ready to sell, and effectively communicate to customers. You will closely collaborate with our product, solutions, marketing and sales teams to define, develop and execute product marketing strategies & plans. You will drive new sales and post-sales engagement, education and retention initiatives for your products to help grow a healthy user base. You will build customer advocacy programs that showcase customers’ love for our products.
This is a team leader role, reporting to the VP of Product Marketing.
As a Director of Product Marketing at SimilarWeb:
You will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically: from the creation of plans to hands-on execution. You must be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in an ever-changing environment, and pay careful attention to detail. You must have the ability to quickly formulate strategies and plans that are backed by data & storytelling and execute them across many work functions simultaneously.
- Build a deep understanding of our Research Intelligence customer use cases and SimilarWeb’s value proposition to this audience, supported by product feedback loops that you create
- Create product positioning and messaging (based on market fact base and message testing) as your team launches products globally with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, marketers, business managers, and salespeople
- Proactively develop messaging that is tailored to different stages in the buyer journey and apply it to all relevant assets
- Initiate & drive planning, execution, and measurement of re-engagement and upsell campaigns
- Provide excellent enablement & training for SimilarWeb’s sales teams to ensure they are equipped to sell your product
- Ensure all product-related content communicates the value of our platform in the customers’ language, including sales collateral, newsletters, webinars, in-app messaging, web copy, product videos, case studies, blog posts, and more
- Work closely with Business & Product teams on strategy, positioning, differentiation, and product launch; Marketing on content & campaigns; Enablement on training; GTM on customer feedback and education
- Independently manage VP & C-level stakeholders on relevant projects & deliverables
- Win over customers and prospects with customer advocacy initiatives
- Innovate product marketing activities with new methodologies or tactics where you identify the opportunity to up-level how we market our products (i.e. templates, processes, measurement, targeting, etc.)
- Synthesize and distill product feedback across all sources into digestible insights with recommended actions
- Manage a small team of product marketers to grow the Research Intelligence business by increasing win rates and net retention
What will I bring to the team?
- 8+ years of experience in product marketing
- Strong background working for a sales technology company, or working in sales directly
- 15+ years of work experience in one or more of the following: product marketing, marketing, management consulting, outbound product management, market research or strategy
- Experience in a fast-paced SaaS or DaaS company
- Captivating storytelling, superb communication & presentation skills
- Able to work independently & autonomously, focusing on key outcomes amidst competing priorities & tight deadlines
- Team player, strong at facilitating alignment & building relationships across an organization
- Analytical thinker, excellent problem solving, planning and execution skills
- Motivated & hard working
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team