As the most trusted platform for measuring online behavior, millions of people rely on SimilarWeb insights daily as the ground truth for their knowledge of the digital world. We empower anyone — from the curious individual to the enterprise business leader — to make smarter decisions by understanding why things happen across the digital ecosystem.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Business Insiders Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On and Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2019. We work with some of the largest and most innovative global hedge funds and quantitative analysts, investment banks, top equity research analysts, private equity and venture capital firms.
As VP, Communications
You will occupy a highly visible position at an exciting and fast-moving time at SimilarWeb. You will work cross functionally and manage a complex range of initiatives across the organization -- including press relations, analyst relations, branding, and customer success marketing. This is a global role and you will build and manage a distributed team of employees and agencies, with the goal of driving meaningful improvement in the company’s market awareness and results.
The role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer.
In this role, your responsibilities will be to:
- Develop creative communications initiatives that are relevant for a range of audiences (customers, prospects, employees, press, investors, influencers, thought leaders) to drive engagement and expand reach and visibility
- Create and execute content strategy and PR programs to reach and influence target markets globally
- Analyze and measure PR results, and report to senior leadership.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO and executive team on all leadership communications and thought leadership strategies
- Manage relationships with the company’s PR agencies
- Develop and lead a customer success marketing program to effectively communicate stories about the success of our customers, and drive satisfaction and engagement with our customer champions
- Support conference speaking and company and client awards submissions
- Develop and lead crisis and reputation management planning
- Build and manage relationships with relevant industry analysts. Expand company awareness and drive improved results in analyst assessments and reviews, in partnership with product marketing, solution marketing, and other internal stakeholders
- Own and drive brand consistency across its various elements -- story, tone, creative, etc.
- Benchmark brand awareness and continuously improve it.
- Manage an internal speakers bureau of executives
- 15+ years work experience in PR/Communications or newsroom
- Experience working with or for fast-moving, high-growth technology companies
- Understanding of the media landscape in U.S., Europe, and Asia Pacific
- Highly creative and entrepreneurial self starter
- A team player with a positive attitude, strong collaborative skills and the ability to build relationships internally and externally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and able to devise campaigns which have quantifiable impact to the business
- Experience working with industry analysts
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Proven track record working with senior executives and the C-suite
- Experience with crisis communications
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus