SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of INC.COM 15 ISRAELI STARTUPS TO WATCH IN 2017 and one of BUSINESS INSIDER’S TOP 50 ENTERPRISE STARTUPS TO BET YOUR CAREER ON.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
So what does an Equity Researcher do at SimilarWeb?
It’s a client-facing position and you’ll have the opportunity to directly advise the biggest investors in the US. ERA’s collaborate with multiple departments at SimilarWeb to help turn SimilarWeb’s data into insights for our key customers and potential customers. Ideal for anyone looking to get hands on product management experience in one of the fastest growing alternative data companies in the world.
As an Equity Researcher at SimilarWeb you will:
- Conduct in-depth research on key tickers which have a strong digital presence; identify, extract and analyze the relevant SimilarWeb trends that are pertinent to address major investor questions
- Generate content (reports, models, analyses) to articulate SimilarWeb value proposition and advanced analysis capabilities per ticker / sector
- Collaborate with the product and data analyst teams to create new sector specific data sets
- Collaborate with sales and account management teams to present analysis and research to potential and existing clients
- Own the value-side of client engagements, from demoing the product on how to extract insights, through supporting onboarding all the way to strengthening relationships and demonstrating value for existing clients
- Grow technical capability in others; mentor new hires; enrich team with level of technical and analytic expertise
- Attend conferences to develop your positioning as an industry expert
What will I bring to the team?
- Experience in equity analysis and valuing companies, Either in SaaS & Software or Internet stocks; meaningful experience in equity research styled writing
- 3-5 years experience working in Equity Research, Hedge Funds, Investment Banking, Asset Management, preferable with some client facing experience
- Strong background in stock analysis and a passion for data driven fundamental investing
- Problem solver, with strong ability to translate client needs into tangible solutions and value based discussions
- Strong in Excel
- Experience producing high quality client-facing materials
- Analytical mindset with the ability to quickly digest a problem and identify a solution
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong interest in digital (digital experience a plus)
- Programming experience - SQL or python preferred
Why choose SimilarWeb?
- Impact: We are changing the way decisions are made and you’ll be a core part of that movement. We provide insights that help businesses understand the digital world, their market and their competition. With our digital market intelligence businesses can put their own data into context and make real data-driven decisions.
- Talent: We only the most talented ambitious professionals who are eager to work hard, take chances and share ideas. Our passion, enthusiasm and drive for success are why we win together.
- Opportunity: We are the perfect place to grow. SimilarWeb has been named one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to bet your career on.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do, are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team