SimilarWeb is the pioneer of market intelligence and the standard for understanding the digital world. SimilarWeb provides granular insights about any website or app across all industries in every region enabling the world's biggest brands like Airbnb, Walmart, HSBC, eBay and adidas to create the strategies necessary to win market share. The company has raised over $112M and has nearly 400 employees across eight global offices.
SimilarWeb has been named one of Inc.com 15 Israeli Startups to Watch in 2017 and one of Business Insider’s Top 50 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On.
But if we want to continue helping the world’s biggest brands reimagine what is possible online, we need talented and driven individuals who are looking for the chance to make a real and tangible impact. Does this sound like you?
What makes the SimilarWeb R&D team awesome?
- High performance web serving layer, capable of providing analytics on hundreds of millions of pages and domains with sub-second latency
- Work with cutting edge technology - we often beta test the tech that other people will only discover next year!
- We want you to get better and help you set goals and conquer them
A day to day as a Production Engineer at SimilarWeb means:
Production Engineers are a combination of software engineers and system engineers with passion for exploring new technologies, building utilities and APIs to help us move faster while preserving high standards.
Your role will include:
- Creating APIs and tools that will be used by 100+ engineers and have a direct impact on how SimilarWeb delivers software and data.
- Design, build and manage highly available, scalable and robust services.
- Manage thousands of servers and containers by automating infrastructure changes and deployments.
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring and alerting stacks.
- Troubleshooting and mitigating production incidents as part of an on-call rotation alongside engineers from within all other R&D groups (and make sure we don't get the same alert twice)
What will I bring to the team?
This position requires an experienced engineer who shares our passion for technology, infrastructure and building amazing products while being an effective communicator and a people person.
You should have:
- 4+ years of experience in developing server side applications and tooling using Python/Ruby/Java/Node.js/Go.
- Vast experience with running a large scale operation on Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Engine or similar.
- Deep understanding in Linux: Troubleshooting, designing robust architectures and understanding the internals;
- Good understanding of Web Servers, Load Balancers, Caching Systems, Relational databases, networking, etc.
It’s a plus if you also have:
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions such as Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos or Swarm
- Experience building web-based and CLI tools.
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Airflow, HBase, etc.
Why choose SimilarWeb?
We believe that building a great product and a great company starts with finding amazing people and helping them grow and develop professionally and personally. At SimilarWeb, you’ll be surrounded by the most talented professionals and you’ll work across departments gaining skills and driving impact.
- Data Driven: We believe data driven decisions are the key to success and we are evangelists for the power of digital insights.
- Passionate: We care deeply about what we do; we are accountable for our actions and are committed to helping each other.
- Excellence: It’s in our nature; and we work hard to make a difference.
- Winning Together: We know what it takes to build a great company and a great product and it begins with valuing each and every member of our team.