Senior Developer - Swedish speaker - Remote in EU
Rail is set to dominate short and medium haul travel around the world. Its faster, cheaper, greener and more convenient than air travel, and it cuts down on the carbon emitting congestion of road travel. With the current climate crisis it’s more important than ever to put this mode of transport at the forefront of people's minds. For every travel company having rail as a booking option is like having vegan choices on the menu – it’s a must! The trouble is, there’s been nothing modern about rail’s online customer experience… until now.
We are SilverRail, a global tech company working to solve this problem by delivering the digital infrastructure that opens up rail to the world! Our technology is powering rail and travel agencies across Europe, USA and Australia/NZ in both leisure and corporate markets, making it easy for people to choose rail and cut their carbon emissions.
In Sweden we provide complete technology solutions for the nation’s biggest rail carrier SJ, and our team are focussed on providing the best continuing service for this client while moving forward to future projects. We are using the Agile (Big Room Planning) framework for all our software development, and we believe in ‘fail-fast-fail-early’ to find innovative solutions to complex problems.
Our Swedish HQ is in central Stockholm and we have a satellite office in Norrköping, while our global teams are also based in London, Boston and Brisbane. Our agility and refreshingly novel approaches mean we have already developed into a force to be reckoned with in the rail tech market, but we have ambitions for so much more!
As a Developer you’ll thrive on collaborating with your peers and participating in the design and development process with product owners. You’ll bring your passion for writing clean, solid code to our highly scalable system.
- Working with fellow team members to write clean, maintainable, scalable and secure code while following best practices
- Collaborating with QA and Product Owners in the development process.
- Definition and evolution of REST and SOAP APIs.
Competence and Skills
- Fluency in Swedish and English both spoken and written
- Very good knowledge of Java and SQL (or PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of Webservices, REST (JSON) and SOAP APIs
- Experience with WildFly, Docker, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience in Continous Integrations and Git
- Experience with DevOps, automation tools and/or Liquibase
- Experience in ITIL Incident Change processes
- At least 5 years experience working as a developer
- Relevant academic qualifications
- We are very centrally located in Stockholm - from your desk you can get to T-centralen or Stockholm City in minutes – and we are a fully accredited flexible working company.
- We provide a wealth of career development opportunities with training that is individual, focused on improving your skills and helping you become the best professional you can be.
- We have a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing and group development across our global offices.
- A unique opportunity to work for a green tech company that is revolutionising the way we travel.
Our values are simple: Do Good by working for a better tomorrow; Think Big Act Smart by being curious, adaptable and data-driven; and remember that through collaboration we will always be Stronger Together.
*We are a neurodiverse employer and are working hard to improve our recruitment processes, so if there is any way that we can make the recruitment experience better for you then please let us know in your application - all information will be treated as strictly confidential*