We Need A HERO!
We’re looking for a multitasking and creative whizz to support the UK People Lead in growing the UK Commercial Hub. Are you the natural go-to person that everyone can rely on? An all-round superstar that thrives on keeping the team happy?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a tech scale-up with the goal of re-establishing our highly engaging culture, with a heavy focus on bringing the UK team back together after more than a year of restrictions. Your role will consist of daily and recurrent tasks as well as larger one-off projects. As part of our People team, you’ll also work closely together with our Office Manager in Belgium.
You’ll need to be proactive, very creative, solutions driven, highly tech-savvy, a quick learner, a solid multi-tasker, on the ball and highly communicative in order to be successful in this role.
If you love to make magic happen, perhaps this is the role for you?
- Lead, manage and support the organisation of internal and external initiatives and events, including team and company offsites and milestone celebrations
- Working with the social committee to develop, implement and champion initiatives and social events for the UK team
- Answer and screen incoming phone calls
- Order weekly groceries, including fruit, food and drinks
- Review and manage equipment inventory
- Order and manage the office stationary supply and merchandise
- Make the necessary arrangements for meetings organised by/on behalf of leadership / exec team (e.g. audio/visual equipment, presentation materials)
- Support internal communications
- Provide an exceptional guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office
- Manage the induction, onboarding and offboarding of new staff
- Support the maintenance of personnel records including highly confidential material
- Manage the buddy programme
- Manage the probationary period process
Ad Hoc Activities & Projects
Is there something you’re particularly interested in implementing? Let’s talk about it!
- Experience as an Office Manager
- Exposure to working in a start-up or constantly evolving environment
- Solutions-driven, creative and confident
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects against tight deadlines
- Tech-savvy: Very comfortable working with tech and various software tools
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Friendly and competent at building rapport with a positive, can-do, go-getter attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be one step ahead and demonstrate initiative
- Professional and able to maintain confidentiality
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary with additional benefits including private medical healthcare
- Generous personal training allowance
- Regular team activities during and after work
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
- Home Office Budget for non-remote employees
- Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off
- Cool office spaces in Ghent and London (Old Street / Shoreditch)
At Silverfin, we have reinvented the way financial advisors work. Our technology allows assurance and financial advisory firms to automate significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value added services for their clients.
Using cloud technology, Silverfin consolidates data from a range of accounting applications and creates a real-time view into financial data of business clients. Higher levels of automation lead to increased efficiency, fewer errors and ultimately, more revenue for Silverfin clients. For this reason, we have been referred to as the “Salesforce for financial data” by TechCrunch.
With more than 150,000 companies on the platform, Silverfin is proud to streamline the core workflows and processes for hundreds of accounting firms internationally, including global brands like PwC, Deloitte, or Mazars.
After growing over 300% YoY since founding year 2013, we successfully completed a Series A funding round led by Index Ventures and more recently $30m of Series B funding with HG Capital. The funds are being used to accelerate our international expansion.
“Ultimately we’re building a central nervous system for financial advisory and services firms, paving the way for us to become the first real-time monitor of businesses’ financial data.” - Silverfin co-founder Joris Van Der Gucht.