At Silverfin we’re trying to apply the promise of software to the age-old industry of accounting. With our SaaS we’re automating a large chunk of the busy-work that accountants are currently handling manually, and are building new tools so they can provide better services to their customers. We aim to optimize their workflow in such a way that accountants can spend more time on the much more impactful and rewarding work of advising their customers, the business owners.
The good news is we’re succeeding in doing exactly that. Every day more than 15,000 financial service professionals use Silverfin to help and advise more than 200,000 businesses. Our customers adore us! The even better news is there’s still plenty left to work on, and that’s where we hope you come in.
We have it on good authority that accountants around the world have been trying to move more into the advisory space for the past 30 years. Often other things get in the way and business owners aren’t willing to pay their accountant for the time it’d take to create meaningful proposals and give advice. Even if time wasn’t a constraint, finding relevant data points and working out when to get in touch with a client is equally challenging.
At Silverfin, we’re in a unique position to change all that, leveraging the power of data. We’ve already built powerful reporting tools that can provide real insight and help our customers make their customers more successful. We’ve only scratched the surface of what’s possible, however, and we’re now looking to mature this feature set to drive lasting revenue for our customers and Silverfin from it.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be joining a growing Product team in an industry that has only just started to be disrupted (by us!)
- You’ll be using your accounting knowledge, combined with your Product Management experience, to help evolve Silverfin’s advisory feature set and ensure product-market fit (e.g. regional P&L budgeting tools, cash flow forecasting, competitor benchmark analysis…)
- You’ll help make Silverfin’s customers - and thereby Silverfin - more successful by expanding our reporting capabilities, prompting timely customer action based on predictive data insight
- Working closely with other Product Managers and stakeholders, you’ll play an instrumental role in improving our customers’ digital maturity, ensuring firms and clients work efficiently together and are more connected to unlock opportunities for greater productivity and new advisory services
- Working alongside Product Marketing and Customer Success, you’ll ensure Silverfin’s customers see the value of providing advisory services by lowering the barrier to entry through the creation of simple-to-use features and automation
- You’ll ensure that decisions are backed up by insight, recognising and validating assumptions (including your own)
A bit more about you
- You have a background in accountancy by education or experience and want to use your knowledge and skills to enhance our product (working knowledge of Silverfin a plus)
- You have experience building or working in an established product organisation in a product role, for at least 2+ years
- You are hardworking, diligent, and able to navigate highly complex processes, delivering simple, well thought through solutions
- You are an excellent communicator and empathetic to all your stakeholders in order to build the most efficient and effective product organisation
- You know your strengths and recognise there’s always more to learn
- Your working hours overlap with EU business hours (we require your local timezone to be within CET +/- 3h) and you are fluent in English
So What’s In It For You?
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary with additional benefits including private medical healthcare
- Generous personal training allowance
- Regular team activities during and after work
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
- Home Office Budget for non-remote employees
- Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off (usually once a month for the remainder of 2021)
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam