Finance & Data Team
To support our fast global growth, we’re looking for a Finance Manager, and we hope it’s you!
What’s the role about?
As our Finance Manager, you will take ownership of core G/L accounting tasks, lead our monthly closing process and take responsibility for the accounting topics & process iterations of the team, across the legal entities of our international group.
You’ll be part of the Finance & Data Team, reporting to our VP Finance and leading a team of 2-3 Connected Accountants. You’ll be interacting both with internal stakeholders, as well as with external advisors & auditors.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to become the operational leader of the Accounting Team on their journey to international scale!
What company will you join?
Silverfin reinvents the way financial advisors work. Our cloud-based SaaS technology allows accountancy firms and financial advisors to streamline significant parts of their workload and spend more time on value adding activities.
Growing rapidly since 2013, we have raised funding from international growth investors like Smartfin Ventures, Index Ventures & Hg Capital. They help us accelerate our international expansion journey.
Originated from Belgium, we have successfully launched activities in the Benelux, UK and Nordics. From these offices, we’re serving a strongly growing, global client base in 12 countries with 160+ colleagues. And we continue to grow non-stop!
What will your job look like?
A typical month in your role will be filled with a nice mix of content & coaching activities:
- Taking ownership of the monthly and year-end closing processes according to current, local analytical accounting standards, as well as building towards IFRS standards (with external support where needed);
- Overseeing the end-to-end daily operations of our Connected Accounting team of 2-3 people, covering both Accounts Payable and Receivable, as well as G/L accounting and recurring financial closing processes;
- Supporting ad-hoc questions and monitoring the accuracy & correctness of the balance sheet and P&L statements of all legal entities across the Group;
- Being a key user in optimisation of accounting tools and our soon-to-be cloud ERP, and iterate processes towards increased efficiency;
- Running Tax operations on Group & entity level, ensuring local & international tax compliance, managing balances of tax & innovation incentives, maintaining our transfer pricing policy, optimising use of subsidies & grants, etc.
- Following accounting/fiscal legislation & regulation in our existing markets, as well as prepare upon request for new markets;
- Being a key contact for external auditors & accounting advisors across entities in BE, NL, UK and future entities. Coordinate external engagements and translate to internal actions with your team;
- Installing standardization of work-methods and roll-out supporting documentation, including updates & maintenance of our accounting playbook;
- Exploring, analyzing and implementing accounting and/or audit process improvements in close collaboration with our VP Finance;
- Leading by example, by being hands-on, maintaining accounting team enthusiasm and encouraging team members to adhere to the highest standards.
Are you the perfect match?
No worries: nobody’s perfect. But here’s what we believe will help you along the way:
- Proven experience in Accounting & Tax matter in an international company (in SaaS is a plus), and/or a degree in Finance/Accounting;
- Solid accounting skills: you know what it takes to keep a compliant set of accounts throughout the evolving maturity stages of a scaling company;
- A good affinity with technology (knowledge of Silverfin is a plus!). It will help.you forward while working the Connected Accounting way;
- Flexibility and the ability to perform under pressure (e.g. closing or compliance deadline peaks), you go the extra mile when needed;
- Critical thinking, process driven, hands-on and global mindset. Your suggestions will be embraced, but we expect you to take the initiative;
- Accuracy and an eye for detail. Only right & precise numbers satisfy you at the end of the day;
- People skills, allowing you to coordinate the team in a motivating way;
- Fluent communication and literacy skills, helping you communicate with internal colleagues and external contacts.
What do we offer in return?
In return for your dedication, we offer you a job that scores more than triple A!
- A fast-paced, no-nonsense FinTech scale-up in an international scene
- A fully digital and data-driven company culture
- A thriving work environment with lots of enthusiastic people joining forces
- A competitive reward including fringe benefits
- A strong supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruits and… drinks on Friday!
Eager to hear more?
Feel free to reach out, so we can get to know each other!