At Silverfin we’re trying to apply the promise of software to the age-old industry of accounting. With our SaaS we’re automating a large chunk of the busy-work that accountants are currently handling manually, and are building new tools so they can provide better services to their customers. We aim to optimize their workflow in such a way that accountants can spend more time on the much more impactful and rewarding work of advising their customers, the business owners.
The good news is we’re succeeding in doing exactly that. Every day more than 15,000 financial service professionals use Silverfin to help and advise more than 200,000 businesses. Our customers adore us! The even better news is there’s still plenty left to work on, and that’s where we hope you come in.
At its heart, Silverfin is a technology platform which enables accountants without any prior development experience to standardise and automate their workflows by building templates using Silverfin’s proprietary coding language (an adaptation of Shopify’s Liquid)
These templates can then be packaged-up and sold to other accountants via Silverfin’s growing international Marketplace.
We also have an internal professional services team operating in key territories (UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) who develop in Silverfin’s Templating language in order to create an out the box product for our customers (for example creating financial statements for businesses that can be filed with government authorities through our software).
Catering to the needs of a growing developer community which is always trying to keep up with changing accounting requirements, we’ve started to evolve what started as a simple templating language into something more sophisticated.
We built our own development toolkit which is used both internally by our teams and externally by our customers and other Marketplace contributors.
With complexity steadily increasing, we now need to introduce more development best practices to our custom language. This means maturing the language and the development & testing environment. We need someone who wants to take ownership of a full development ecosystem as a product.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be joining a growing Product team in an industry that has only just started to be disrupted (by us!)
- You’ll help create a sustainable technical framework which allows accountants around the world to automate and optimise their workflows for efficiency
- You’ll be using your technical knowledge, combined with your Product Management experience, to help evolve Silverfin’s core platform capabilities and build a best-in-class toolkit for Silverfin’s growing developer community
- You’ll work closely with our engineers, both internal and external, to establish how our development toolkit needs to evolve to better enable the delivery of quality software
- You’ll enable us to get new functionality built on our platform to market quicker and with improved quality, by helping to optimise the way it’s developed
A bit more about you
- You have a technical background and understand the technical needs of developers, and can communicate with developers in order to mature our templating language and development environment
- You have experience building or working in an established product organisation in a product role for at least 3 years, ideally for a B2B cloud product (Fintech SAAS experience desirable)
- You are hardworking, diligent, and able to navigate highly complex processes, delivering simple, well thought through solutions
- You are an excellent communicator and empathetic to all your stakeholders in order to build the most efficient and effective product organisation
- You are self-organised, with the ability to cope with lots of competing demands, while still delivering value to our users everyday
- You know your strengths and recognise there’s always more to learn
- Needless to say, you have experience working in a cross-functional agile environment and you can communicate clearly in English
- Your work hours have some overlap with EU business hours (we require your local timezone to be within CET +/- 3h)
- Accounting knowledge desirable
So What’s In It For You?
- The opportunity to help build a fast-paced, fintech scale-up in an international scene
- The ability to create, implement and grow with a fast growing team of people who are enthusiastic and passionate about what they do
- Competitive salary with additional benefits including private medical healthcare
- Generous personal training allowance
- Regular team activities during and after work
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, snacks fresh fruits and … drinks on Friday
- Home Office Budget for non-remote employees
- Monthly Company-wide Wellbeing Days off (usually once a month for the remainder of 2021)
- Cool office spaces in Ghent, London (Old Street / Shoreditch) and Amsterdam