What is a Tech Accountant at Silverfin? An Accountant for a tech company or an Accountant who loves technology?
In this case, we're looking for the latter. Silverfin is a fintech company, and we're looking for a tech-savvy Accountant. But... not to do our books.
What else would we need an Accountant for?
- To help us make our groundbreaking platform for Connected Accounting even better.
- To help us build and insert your financial knowledge into the product.
- To keep us closely connected to the real day-to-day challenges of accountancy firms. As everything is changing so quickly, we need you to keep your ears to the ground.
Have you been working in accounting for a few years, and are you up for a revolutionary career change? Have you recently qualified as an Accountant but looking for a different challenge? Are you passionate about coding and technology?
Are you an Accountant with a keen interest in programming? Take the leap, join Silverfin and make a difference to Accountants worldwide.
- Apply your accountancy knowledge to help improve our product by becoming a Product Developer
- Turn our clients’ needs and requests into templates by developing Liquid code
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies, accounting knowledge and industry trends and apply them
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Product Managers, Product Experts and Product Developers to produce high quality, client-focussed results
- You have a background in audit / accountancy, ideally within an accounting practice
- You have development experience or are actively interested in development
- You have some experience with a programming language, i.e. HTML, Python, R, Java, etc.
- If you don’t have Liquid code experience, you will be trained but must have the aptitude to learn
- Strong communicator with the ability to work with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- You are customer-minded with the ability to be customer-facing and consultative, where needed
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday ( + all the bank holidays! )
- Private medical healthcare through award-winning Vitality coverage and rewards scheme
- Generous annual training allowance
- Macbook Air & iPhone
- The opportunity to help build a company that is in the process of building out it’s UK and global presence
- An office space next to Old Street station with a coffee shop on the ground floor, rooftop terrace, running track, bike storage and access to wellness facilities
- A team that is passionate about Connected Accounting, good coffee and Belgian beer (we also have fresh fruit and snacks...)
- Friday drinks, monthly social events and ad hoc trips to our local pub