Siilo is a secure medical communication app designed for healthcare professionals. More than 500,000 healthcare professionals use Siilo to discuss and coordinate patient care with colleagues both within and beyond their organisational walls. Today, Siilo is the largest medical network in Europe.
Since March 2023, Siilo has strengthened its position and potential as it was acquired by Doctolib. Doctolib is a purpose-led company that strives for a healthier world with more than 2,500 employees across France, Italy, and Germany. Since 2013, Doctolib has been improving the daily lives of more than 300,000 healthcare professionals by providing them with new-generation technology and services. Doctolib also serves more than 70 million Europeans, offering a fast, frictionless, and secure journey for all their care needs.
Sillo and Doctolib’s joint goal is to become the go-to solution for healthcare professionals across Europe and this acquisition is a significant step towards achieving that vision.
As an Android Engineer at Siilo, you’ll be responsible for helping us drive our Android app forward. Your technical input is highly valued during feature design sessions with the Product Owner and UX Design team, both to improve and simplify the final ideas. You'll be involved in the technical design of new features, and help implement these together with the team. All new features are implemented using Kotlin, though Java is still used for some legacy code. After implementation and QA approval, you will contribute to the app's publication on the Play Store. We value certain aspects of Scrum, such as the morning stand-up and retrospective, but at the same time strive to maintain a pragmatic approach, minimising meetings and prioritising developer happiness to the fullest.
You will be responsible for:
- Building new features in Kotlin for our Android application, and maintaining and migrating the Java base.
- Collaborating with your peers working on Android, iOS, web and backend building an awesome experience for our 500,000+ users and contributing directly to growing Siilo's network of healthcare professionals.
- Keeping security and privacy front and center to everything you do.
- Using cutting edge technologies, features and infrastructure.
- Quickly putting together XML-based Android UI, with attention to detail and following the designs from our design department with near pixel perfect accuracy.
- The full development life cycle, including communicating with stakeholders (for instance product, design, QA) throughout the development process, as well as debugging production issues.
- Enjoying figuring out why things work, not just that they work.
What We’re Looking For From You:
- 3+ years of experience developing native (i.e. Java/Kotlin) Android applications.
- 2+ years of experience with Kotlin and Java.
- Experience with Android Architecture components.
- Experience with Android UI XML.
- SQL Experience (We use SQLite).
- Good understanding of network programming.
- Retrofit / REST experience.
- Affinity with data security and encryption.
- Concurrency / multithreading experience.
- Understanding of algorithms & data structures.
- Experience with version control systems like Git.
- Experience publishing app(s) available in the Play Store is preferred.
- You’re fluent in English.