Join one of the Fastest growing FinTech's in the UK
We are one of the UK’s fastest growing FinTech startup companies, with huge growth planned across the UK and USA in 2023. We aren’t exaggerating when we say we are the global leaders in quant trading technologies. Investors with a combined $5 trillion of assets under management (AUM) are using SigTech and we were recently recognized as the Best Quant Technology Provider in the annual Hedgeweek awards.
The single most fundamental problem in modern civilisation is around information. Information wants to be free and raw - and at the same time, it wants to be expensive. The right piece of data at the right time can change lives.
At SigTech, we are solving the problem of tension between free and raw data, and refined and valuable data.
So, like oil, only when it is refined does data truly provide life/business changing value.
Quantitative investing consists of trading strategies that rely on mathematical computations and analysis to identify trading opportunities. In a data-driven world, the time and efficiency saved by deploying our software is game-changing for our clients.
Don’t worry if you don’t understand technical stuff from the outset, not all our roles need a familiar understanding of quant trading.
Why our tech is special!
Our tech enables our customers to backtest their trading strategies, gives them instant access to clean and validated data and allows them to customize 300+ pre-built investment strategies, then seamlessly deploy and trade. Wow.
Are you a good fit?
Not everyone is suited for start-up life. To make sure you are the right fit, we’re pretty upfront about what it means to work at SigTech;
- Problem solvers: Do you enjoy solving hard/complex problems at speed and scale?
- Ambitious hard-workers: if you check-out of the office at 5pm, we’re probably not right for you.
- Start-up hustlers: do you enjoy growing a business/idea from nothing to something?
- Data driven mindsets: Do you make decisions using numbers and data?
- High performance environment: we’re in this race to win, not be second best.
- Enthusiasm: is the inspiration of everything great.
What you’ll do:
- Provision cloud based resources using IaC (Terraform, etc)
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions)
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Work with engineers to ensure development follows established processes / best practice
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies & cloud services (Docker, k8s, etc.)
- Good knowledge and experience of AWS
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure
- Proficient with git and git workflows
- Good knowledge of Python & Java
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Problem-solving attitude
- Collaborative team spirit
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline
Required experience: 2+ years
Great to haves:
- Experience developing engineering applications for startup environment
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services