Terminus and Sigstr have recently joined forces in our mission to lead the B2B marketing revolution (see more here). Separately, our companies have been making waves in the ABM space and are thrilled to come together uniting our product and our teams. We expect exponential growth, and are a hard-working team that digs in wherever needed to help each other and our customers. Sigstr is now a Terminus company and will be hiring for our Indy office.
Terminus is the leader of the account-based movement and the crucial link that connects B2B marketing and sales teams with their ideal customers. The Terminus solution arms marketing teams with an account-centric platform that delivers the intelligence and automation needed to scale ABM and revolutionize the way B2B marketing is done. Hundreds of organizations worldwide, including Salesforce, GE, Verizon, 3M and CA Technologies, turn to Terminus to more effectively target, engage and grow their best-fit accounts. Terminus offers savvy marketers the technology and proven expertise to radically improve account-based strategies and campaigns, increasing ROI and producing exceptional results.
Who We’re Looking For
As a Platform Engineer, you’ll be a member of our Product Engineering team, focused on building software that leverages our unique first-party data to optimize desired outcomes and business insights for our customers. To excel in this position, you must have a relentless focus on delivering value and exceptional service to our customers, who represent some of the most brilliant marketers and industry-leading brands on the planet, and you must be pragmatic in applying best practices for distributed systems.
In this role, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to work on challenging problems, including:
- Building some of the core services that will allow our platform to continue expanding at high speed.
- Collaborating with other product, data architecture and data management engineers to design and implement the systems that power our internal and external APIs.
- Determining the optimal strategies to allow our systems to quickly and accurately ingest and process large quantities of data and events.
- Helping to maintain a culture of excellence that values building complex solutions for an expanding list of products and customers.
What you will own
- Enthusiastically employ Lean Startup and agile principles to maximize value for customers and minimize waste.
- Proactively suggest and implement technology that improves data quality, ease of use, system capacity and reduces friction.
- Help to ensure that a high standard for data privacy, retention, and security is maintained at all times.
- Serve alongside our senior engineers to lead and perform code reviews, feature development, etc.
- Share with your fellow SigStars on lessons learned and cross-train/mentor other engineers on development techniques and practices.
- Help us promote an experiment-rich culture that learns fast and innovates faster through small iterations of production-ready testable code.
What you will need to be successful
- A passion for customer-centric development.
- Ability to excel in a team setting, contributing to shared projects and code, using JIRA task tracking, GIT version control, daily standups, and Kanban based workflow.
- Expert-level engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high-performance production quality code within agreed upon delivery timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn existing back-end code (Ruby, Node.js, Elixir).
- Proven track record of success in researching, recommending, and implementing key architecture patterns that balance short-term needs with being easy to support and maintain long-term.
- Ability to manage complex projects simultaneously and consistently meet delivery deadlines in a rapidly evolving start-up environment.
- Firm understanding of data structures, algorithms, and distributed system principles.
What We Would LOVE for you to have
- Experience working with microservices, Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience in Ruby, Node, Elixir or other equivalent languages is a plus.
- Ability to balance executing on key projects while still staying highly responsive to incoming requests
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example, foster innovation and nurture a highly collaborative culture
- Ability to work within a team as well as an expectation to lead efforts to enhance business goals across the company
- Experience with B2B software or, at minimum, operationally complicated software
- You must be a high output individual contributor to thrive at Sigstr.
Incredible Benefits, Incredible Company!
- Working for a company and leadership team focused on providing a “Best Place to Work” environment
- 100% employer paid Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee coverage
- 100% Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Guaranteed Stock Options
- Unlimited vacation
- Gym membership or health and wellness reimbursement
- Parking & Transit assistance
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Regular team outings, parties, and surprises
- Weekly free lunch, unlimited snacks and drinks
- Beautiful, high energy offices in 3 tech hubs (Atlanta, San Francisco, and Indianapolis)
- Culture that emphasizes personal and professional growth
More about Terminus & our market opportunity
The explosion of data and consumerization of B2B is transforming how leading companies drive growth. It requires a shift to an account-centric approach which focuses on arming market-facing teams with the intelligence needed to drive into the right segments of the market with the best message in a far more scalable way. The CMOs, CROs, and CEOs of winning companies are putting more data to work as they assess opportunities, identify the right accounts, and align sales and marketing resources appropriately. And the lines have blurred at the point of engagement. Marketing programs and sales teams need to be integrated -- not just aligned -- to deliver a consistent experience in the eyes of the customer. Not just at the top of the funnel, but throughout the customer journey at an account level.
Acclaimed “Best Places to Work” 3 consecutive years, Terminus has created an incredible, dedicated team centered on building the best-in-class ABM platform and community. With offices in Atlanta, San Francisco, and now Indianapolis, Terminus is attracting the brightest minds on all sides of the country. See here
Terminus is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.