Do you like to design & build platforms? As our Sr. Software Engineer, you’ll lead our engineering team to build, test, launch changes and new features to Sigstr’s employee email marketing platform. Our unique first-party data allows you to work with data at scale & drives business insights for our customers. We work with brilliant marketers & industry-leading brands and are driven to deliver value & excellent service to our customers. We look to you to share those same values while also applying best practices for iterative software development and data engineering.
What You’ll Contribute (Responsibilities)
In this role, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to work on challenging data problems and the ability to surface unique data in our platform through software engineering, including:
- Design, build, test and deploy key AWS services such as S3, Glue, Athena, RedShift and RDS to create scalable data pipelines and analytics services.
- Design, build, test and deploy highly scalable software including microservices, APIs, integrations and data pipelines that power data models across multiple products & services.
- Participate in design and code reviews, documentation of design, and implementation of SDLC methodologies to ensure high quality software.
- Provide documentation & training to internal stakeholders as well as mentorship to other engineers.
- Help us promote an experiment-rich culture that learns fast and innovates faster through small iterations of production-ready testable code.
What You’ll Need (Required Education / Qualifications)
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Software Engineering / CS / IT major, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience with software design and development
- 3+ years professional experience with Python
- 3+ years professional experience with enterprise AWS service development, ideally with experience with data services such as Glue & Redshift.
- Strong engineering and coding skills. Ability to write high performance production quality code within agreed upon delivery timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn existing back-end code (Ruby, Elixir, Node.js).
- Ability to excel in a team setting, contributing to shared projects and code, using JIRA task tracking, Git version control, daily standups, and Kanban based workflow.
- Experience working in and/or managing agile, test-driven development teams.
- Experience working cross-functionally with design and product roles to build & execute against a roadmap.
- Ability to work within a team as well as lead efforts to enhance business goals for our customers, team, and company.
- Drive to hit and exceed both individual and team goals. Celebrate the efforts of yourself & others.
- Commitment to being honest and transparent in everything you do.
- Passionate to learn new things and challenge yourself to try new things.
- Self-starter. You’re the kind of person that sees opportunity and tackles it, and values autonomy.
Tech Stack you will be using includes:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Glue (ETL)
- PostgreSQL (AWS RDS)
Sigstr is the world's #1 employee email personalization platform. At Sigstr, we allow marketers to control and personalize content at a 1:1 level in employee email channel. Employee Email is an owned marketing channel that most brands are not taking advantage of. We are changing that. Over the last twelve months our business has grown A LOT, and with our new account based marketing functionality and relationship intelligence platform, we are seeing massive demand for this new technology.
Sigstr is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status.